EAA Airventure Oshkosh 2022

Discussion relating to 2022 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Bulldogs851

Post by Bulldogs851 » Thu May 19, 2022 5:56 pm

Does anyone have an idea as to when we will see more military added by chance?
0 x

RFDGuy

Post by RFDGuy » Thu May 19, 2022 7:42 pm

Bulldogs851 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:56 pm Does anyone have an idea as to when we will see more military added by chance?
They just announced a bunch of military a week ago.
Military stuff is so dependent on many factors that often times announcing it is really just a crap shoot anyways. They say they can be there today, but in 2 months who knows.
1 x

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:24 am

Rod Lewis sending a massive fleet to Oshkosh this year, including:

F7F-3P Tigercat "Here, Kitty Kitty"
F7F-3P Tigercat "La Patrona"
F4F-3 Wildcat
B-25 Mitchell "Russian Ta Get Ya"
F8F-2 Bearcat "De Chrome Cat"
Grumman F3F

https://lewisairlegends.com/events
1 x
Matt

OwenORourke

Post by OwenORourke » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:37 pm

Regarding the Rod Lewis fleet, I believe the F4F-3 is still there from its visit last year - I read somewhere that it has been on loan to the EAA museum.
0 x

Adambadger88

Post by Adambadger88 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:09 am

June's Chapter Video Magazine: http://eaa.brightcovegallery.com/chapte ... o-magazine

1:33-5:50 EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2022:
  • EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2022, the 69th edition of EAA’s annual fly-in convention, coming July 25-31 at Wittman Regional Airport (OSH) in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
  • One Week Wonder project. The One Week Wonder will start construction on Monday, July 25th — the opening day of AirVenture — with a goal to taxi the airplane during the final day’s air show on Sunday, July 31st.
  • The 75th anniversary of the U.S. Air Force will be one of the highlights at this year's event.
  • Van's RV Aircraft Series 50th Anniversary
  • The 50th anniversary of Van’s Aircraft RV series, which has become the world’s most popular kit airplane, will be a major element of homebuilt aircraft activities at this year's event.
  • Top Gun: Maverick will be shown at EAA's Fly-In Theater on Friday, July 29th.
  • EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2022 Notice is now out.
  • The document is now officially called a Notice by the FAA, rather than a NOTAM.
  • Two VORs have been decommissioned (RFD and MBL).
  • Several IFR routes have been changed.
  • Aircraft camping is no longer allowed at Appleton International Airport (ATW).
  • Miscellaneous editorial updates.
  • Chapter Camping at Camp Scholler during EAA AirVenture Oshkosh
  • A list of guidelines and to request a campsite can be found here.
  • June 24th is the cutoff date.
  • EAA Young Eagles Program
  • EAA Young Eagles program will be celebrating its 30th anniversary in the year 2022. The program was founded in 1992. They will have special activities happening during the big EAA AirVenture Oshkosh event.
  • The Young Eagles Volunteer Banquet is scheduled for Tuesday, July 26, at 5:30 p.m. in the EAA Founders' Wing of the EAA Aviation Museum. Enjoy dinner with fellow Young Eagles volunteers, as they present the annual Young Eagles awards. By invite only. Pre-registration is required.
  • NEW: A Young Eagles Volunteer Root Beer Float Social for all Young Eagles volunteers will be held for the first time on Thursday, July 28 at 3:00pm located at the Chapter's Pavilion in Camp Scholler. Signups are required. https://eaachapters.typeform.com/to/TjswPgxl
  • EAA's Learn to Fly Center takes the place of the Pilot Proficiency Center since the Pilot Proficiency Center is now a permanent part of the EAA Aviation Museum.
0 x

Tpinky17

Post by Tpinky17 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:45 pm

Growlers are coming to Oshkosh!
1FC32D32-081E-4F83-A3B2-A652AAC55E0D.png
1FC32D32-081E-4F83-A3B2-A652AAC55E0D.png (694.63 KiB) Viewed 2409 times
1 x

SEAFURY

Post by SEAFURY » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:09 pm

Good morning people,
I have been in the War Bird world for 35 years now. I have the same amount of time flight crewing the B-17 Sentimental Journey and other birds in our museum and even thought I have been to many of the top shows over the years. I have never made to Oshkosh. So, 2022 will be the year I get it done. There will be 4 adult family members going too. We will be at the show from Thursday thru Saturday. So, some pointers please?? We are staying at the UWO.
First, Is there public transportation from Appleton Airport to and from the UWO?? We want to stay away from renting a car. I know there is transportation from UWO to the show and back. What about clothing?? Does the show have lockers? Or do need to backpack everything?? I hate to get all cumbersome up with stuff to walk around like with chairs, but I think we will need them. I'm spoiled from all the years touring with the planes. We had everything we needed at the PX Trailer. Anyway, any advice will be very appreciated.
Thanks
Pat
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:46 pm

SEAFURY wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:09 pm Good morning people,
I have been in the War Bird world for 35 years now. I have the same amount of time flight crewing the B-17 Sentimental Journey and other birds in our museum and even thought I have been to many of the top shows over the years. I have never made to Oshkosh. So, 2022 will be the year I get it done. There will be 4 adult family members going too. We will be at the show from Thursday thru Saturday. So, some pointers please?? We are staying at the UWO.
First, Is there public transportation from Appleton Airport to and from the UWO?? We want to stay away from renting a car. I know there is transportation from UWO to the show and back. What about clothing?? Does the show have lockers? Or do need to backpack everything?? I hate to get all cumbersome up with stuff to walk around like with chairs, but I think we will need them. I'm spoiled from all the years touring with the planes. We had everything we needed at the PX Trailer. Anyway, any advice will be very appreciated.
Thanks
Pat
Hi Pat,

Glad you can make it happen!

I have always driven myself however I am pretty sure there is a bus service from Appleton airport down to the show grounds. If you can't go direct to UWO you can probably go airport to show grounds to UWO fairly easily. I believe tickets for the airport shuttle need to be reserved.

I do not think I have ever seen any lockers there but I have never looked for them either.

Many people leave their chairs on the flight line as they walk (folded up in the bags so they don't get blown). I have never heard of any getting stolen, but sometimes the volunteers will need to move them to let a plane through. They do their best to put them back in the same spot but it's not a perfect system.

For more general first timer tips, I wrote up a pretty lengthy post that I think is linked in an earlier thread. Maybe I can dig it out and make it a sticky for future reference.
Last edited by RyanS on Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Bulldogs851

Post by Bulldogs851 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:23 pm

Just a quick question? because the E-3 will be flying for the Milwaukee Waterfront show 7/22-7/24 could there be a chance it will be apart of airventure? Just wondering if I should also attend that show as well if not
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:53 pm

Bulldogs851 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:23 pm Just a quick question? because the E-3 will be flying for the Milwaukee Waterfront show 7/22-7/24 could there be a chance it will be apart of airventure? Just wondering if I should also attend that show as well if not
It's tough to say. There is certainly a chance it will come to Oshkosh as well but it may not be confirmed until late.

It is only an hour and a half drive between show sites and Milwaukee is a free beach show so you can likely decide at the very last minute if you want to go over there (assuming you'll be in town already).
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Return to “2022 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”