JB Charleston Air & Space Expo 2022

Discussion relating to 2022 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
jcoleman1994

Post by jcoleman1994 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:03 am

Too bad they didn't let scanners in would have been nice to hear what was being said
0 x

redjay

Post by redjay » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:16 pm

awal2049 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:46 pm
I doubt it was a jet problem given the way 6 separated. Keep in mind, for a low show, the sequence is: Burner 270, Sectioned High Alpha (6 goes high), Delta rejoin. So 6 has to go from very slow flight to accelerating very quickly to rejoin. It's a tight window, but something they should have practiced enough to nail down. You can see in the video, he isn't quite set in time so he just exits and rejoins for the flat pass.
Makes sense. Would be interesting to learn what happened as like you said I've never them break to land like that either.

Here's a few pics from the Friday, still going through Saturday's:

4 x

redjay

Post by redjay » Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:59 pm

A few from Saturday

3 x

OwenORourke

Post by OwenORourke » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:48 pm

Great pics, thanks for sharing! Sunday's show was excellent - best weather I have had for an air show in a long, long time. Never too hot or too cold, no harsh wind, and nothing but sun all day long! Flying displays were excellent with nice passes by the FW-190, Mig and Vampire. The aerobatic planes were even well done and spaced out. I appreciated the Raptor biplane's routine where they did half their display as a demonstration of basic aerobatic moves, each described by the announcer - probably a good primer for most in the crowd who have no idea what a Cuban 8 is. Rebel did a great job tearing up the sky in the Viper and working the crowd line for photos and high fives after her demo. I though the Blues performance was pretty good, but I wouldn't say I am any kind of expert as this is the first time that I have since them since they switched to the E models. The formation seemed tight and the opposing solos appeared to hit their marks. I jumped in the car to try to beat the traffic right after they formed up to the six ship so I can't comment on how they broke for their landing. All-in-all a great air show day! Now I just have to go through my thousands of pics.....
2 x

awal2049

Post by awal2049 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:54 pm

Some of my favorite videos from the show.

C-47 & C-17 Formation & Black Daggers.

SRC "Raptor" Pitts. Really proud of my filming. Despite the wind, I was able to stay zoomed in pretty tight. Thought for sure I would lose focus, but it just kept working.

Fw-190 & P-51 Dogfight. They stayed further away from the crowd than I would've liked.

F-16 Ground Show & Demo.

Fat Albert.
0 x

Return to “2022 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”