Abbotsford International Airshow 2022

Discussion relating to 2022 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
User avatar
n33d4sp33d_85
Posts: 9493
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:58 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA

Abbotsford International Airshow 2022

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:26 pm

Abbotsford International Airshow 2022
August 5th - 7th
Abbotsford International Airport
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
https://abbotsfordairshow.com/

Featuring
- RCAF Snowbirds
- USAF Thunderbirds
- RCAF CF-18 Hornet Demo
Last edited by n33d4sp33d_85 on Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:22 pm, edited 9 times in total.
0 x

User avatar
n33d4sp33d_85
Posts: 9493
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:58 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Thu May 13, 2021 3:40 am

The Thunderbirds no longer have Abbotsford on their schedule for '22.
https://afthunderbirds.com/site/show-season/
0 x

User avatar
RyanS
Posts: 2575
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:50 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Post by RyanS » Thu May 13, 2021 12:59 pm

Good catch, I wonder what changed
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

JA Boomer
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:25 am

Post by JA Boomer » Fri May 14, 2021 3:29 pm

The 6th and 7th? Seems early. It's always on the second weekend of August.
0 x

cf18hornet
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:12 pm

Post by cf18hornet » Fri May 14, 2021 7:07 pm

JA Boomer wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:29 pm The 6th and 7th? Seems early. It's always on the second weekend of August.
Curious as to why they changed from their usual weekend.
Last edited by cf18hornet on Fri May 14, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Chris Smallenberg
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 8:30 pm

Post by Chris Smallenberg » Fri May 14, 2021 9:01 pm

cf18hornet wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:07 pm
JA Boomer wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:29 pm The 6th and 7th? Seems early. It's always on the second weekend of August.
Curious as to why they changed from their usual weekend.
I assume it was to work with the Thunderbirds schedule since those were their posted dates. If they aren't coming anymore I'm guessing the dates change back to the usual second weekend in August.
2 x

User avatar
n33d4sp33d_85
Posts: 9493
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:58 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:09 am

If I'm not mistaken, 2022 will be the Abbotsford Airshow's 60th anniversary right?
1 x

Viper93
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:24 am

Post by Viper93 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:45 am

n33d4sp33d_85 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:09 am If I'm not mistaken, 2022 will be the Abbotsford Airshow's 60th anniversary right?
you are indeed right my friend. Hopefully we will get some really good stuff to celebrate. I wonder why the Thunderbirds aren't on the 2022 schedule anymore? The 50th anniversary was a pretty good one filled with afterburners, especially that RCAF demo they had.
2 x

User avatar
mikeyb9
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by mikeyb9 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:34 pm

Thunderbirds are back on for Aug 678 weekend, so a minor change from the second weekend but will be awesome !!!!!
2 x

JA Boomer
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:25 am

Post by JA Boomer » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:56 pm

mikeyb9 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:34 pm Thunderbirds are back on for Aug 678 weekend, so a minor change from the second weekend but will be awesome !!!!!
Excellent! Where was this updated?
0 x

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests