Boeing Seafair Air Show 2022

Discussion relating to 2022 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:27 pm

August 6th and 7th
Seattle, Washington
https://www.seafair.org/p/events/boeing ... -air-show1

Featuring
- US Navy Blue Angels
- US Army Golden Knights
- USAF F-35A Lightning II Demo
- USAF Heritage Flight
- US Navy EA-18G Growler Legacy Team
- US Navy Legacy Flight
- USCG Search & Rescue (SAR) Demo
- USAF KC-46 Pegasus Flybys
- US Navy P-8 Poseidon Flybys
- Brad Wursten [MXS]
- Jon Melby [Pitts S-1-11B]
- Will Allen [Pitts S2B]
Last edited by n33d4sp33d_85 on Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Wed May 18, 2022 3:30 am

Website for this year's Boeing Seafair Air Show is up and running.

https://www.seafair.org/p/events/boeing ... -air-show1
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:40 am

LiveAirshowTV will be providing a live broadcast of this year's Seafair.
We are just 5 days away from Seafair Festival! The LiveAirShowTV team is transitioning to Lake Washington for a fantastic air show and H1 Hydroplane racing!
One of the acts you'll see in the sky is Brad Wursten / Power Addiction Airshows as he paints the sky of Seattle!
Watch us LIVE on Sunday starting at 1:00pm PDT on KONG-TV Seattle. We will have more viewing details later in the week!
We think Brad's paint scheme is perfect for #nationalcoloringbookday
ICAS - International Council of Air Shows Flying Magazine AirshowStuff Show Center The Airshow Podcast Seattle, Washington Turn to the Skies Aviation Photography
#airshow2022 #airshow #aerobatics #seafair #seafair22 #wursten #redwhiteblue #flying #aviation #aviationgeek #aviationdaily #aviationlovers #aviationphotography #aviator #pilotlife #pilot #instaaviation #instagramaviation
https://www.facebook.com/LiveAirshowTV/ ... %2CO%2CP-R
Last edited by n33d4sp33d_85 on Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

HungrySharkHero

Post by HungrySharkHero » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:44 am

I am down in Tacoma and wouldn’t hesitate the drive to Seattle to see the performances, however I don’t like the idea of spending $35 to see them.

Is the show performed directly over Lake Washington? Is it possible to get a decent view if you don’t go to the park where admission is required or have a boat?
0 x

HungrySharkHero

Post by HungrySharkHero » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:22 pm

They used a silhouette of a Russian plane (Su-27? Su-30? Su-35?) on the map for the event. :lol:
Attachments
0B38CD7D-C5EF-41C1-84E0-875DAC4C380A.png
0B38CD7D-C5EF-41C1-84E0-875DAC4C380A.png (962.66 KiB) Viewed 1702 times
Last edited by HungrySharkHero on Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

HungrySharkHero

Post by HungrySharkHero » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:45 am

So I made it up there yesterday (8-5) and saw all the performances. Admission was free as this was the “training day” and I parked in a neighborhood around a mile away so I avoided the ridiculous $50 parking fee.

It was my first time seeing the F-35 in action and I can confirm that it may just be the loudest jet I’ve ever seen.

The EA-18 team was awesome, I was under the impression it was going to be one dual seat aircraft (hence the team) but it was actually two EA-18s.

It was also my first time seeing the Blue Angels and I have to say I may just prefer them to the Thunderbirds. I was sorely missing something similar to the ‘sneak pass’ the Thunderbirds do however.

Now for my issues...

Lake Washington is for all intents and purposes a shit venue for an airshow. ‘Air show center’ does not really exist as it varies depending on the performing aircraft. The Pitts S-1-11B, Pitts S2B, MXS, were to the left right next to the hydroplane course, meanwhile the military aircraft were to the far right, the Coast Guard demo was so far out that you couldn’t see (or hear) what they were doing.

All of the decent viewing areas that were at the event required additional payments. There is a large hill behind the viewing area, so that prevents a lot of viewing opportunities, even along the path I was situated had numerous tress blocking the view. So the shade was nice, but came at the expense of views.

I don’t know if it was because of where I was standing or I just look like a nice guy, people were constantly trying to walk past me either to leave the grassy area or enter the grassy area, and it’s not like I was standing in an ingress/egress zone. I get it, it’s a public event with thousands of people, these things are to be expected, but I even looked around and I was the only one in the surrounding area that this was occurring to.

Leaving the event was a total mess, took me around two hours of sitting in traffic before I was able to finally get moving at a regular speed. So the venue is essentially in a neighborhood with streets laid out like a grid with numerous uncontrolled intersections, two-way or four-way stops. They did have police directing traffic at many of them to their credit, but it was still a cluster.

Overall I think actual airfields are vastly superior for hosting such events, even the Tacoma Freedom Fair (which has an airshow component) is better suited for such an event, plus admission there is free.

I am glad I went and got to see some awesome performances despite the annoyances.
0 x

awal2049

Post by awal2049 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:37 am

Caught the live stream today, and it was pretty good despite some glitches here and there. LiveAirshowTV is my favorite live streamer for air shows. They did unfortunately cut to a break in the middle of Brad Wursten's performance, which I was loving, and came back at the end of the KC-46 and P-8 flight. Once again, Beo used flares during the F-35 demo. I liked seeing the backdrop behind the aircraft; gives a perspective you normally don't get with the aircraft. Lastly, the Blues looked much better than when I saw them in Charleston back in April. Their show was almost perfect, except Chomps had some difficulty during the Flur de Lis rejoin.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220807-183823_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20220807-183823_YouTube.jpg (37.91 KiB) Viewed 1523 times
0 x

Return to “2022 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”