Westmoreland County Airshow 2022

Discussion relating to 2022 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
chrispost

Post by chrispost » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:30 pm

Well, I have to say that I left Latrobe a bit frustrated this year. They have totally destroyed the fantastic crowd line that we loved this venue for. In my 35 years of going to airshows this became my second favorite venue. Not anymore. They have moved the line far to the right to the east end of the runway in the grassy area. That wouldn’t be bad except that you are much farther from the runway, which is what made Latrobe so great.
We walked clear down to the old centerpoint area( which is now statics) and found that we couldn’t go any further and they had signs on the fence that said no chairs so I found a decent place and stood elbow to elbow for four hours. What made it worse was that they parked the A400 directly to our left which blocked the view down the runway plus the fact that they extended the fence out to accommodate the tail of the aircraft.
There were zero speakers in the static area and, from what I’ve heard way too few throughout the areas.
Also directly to our left the had a tent with a Ferrari “ride experience” where the high rollers could drive one on the runway. What does that have to do with an Airshow!?
I guess that I could have paid the really big bucks for the VIP area. Maybe I would have had a better view.

This has gone from a “must see” show to a “we’ll see” show and way down my list.
1 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:03 am

Here are some of my videos from the Saturday show.

1. F-16 Fighting Falcon Demo

2. F/A-18 Super Hornet Demo

3. US Navy Legacy Flight with F4U Corsair

4. Thom Richard & his P-40 Warhawk

5. Edge 540 vs Ferrari

To view more of videos from the Saturday show, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBLQZwp ... 2P5vTNM8Jp

Stay tuned for some videos from Sunday's show.
2 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:27 pm

Here's the link to my videos from the airshow on Sunday: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... sx7gHCr8d_
0 x

Return to “2022 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”