2019 Airshow topics?

Topics pertaining to AirshowStuff and these forums. Announcements, suggestions, etc.
Nighthawk117

2019 Airshow topics?

Post by Nighthawk117 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:18 am

It's maybe just me but the forum is now very messy with all the creation of topics about all airshow across the planet. I understand the good faith of the person, but it's now very hard to find the interesting one. If nobody had talked about a show before, maybe there was no interest in it, why create a topic? There is already the calendar section to see all the shows, I do not see the interest of all these topics. Am I the only one to think this way?
5 x
Look at your six, It's me!!!

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:47 pm

Nighthawk117 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:18 am It's maybe just me but the forum is now very messy with all the creation of topics about all airshow across the planet. I understand the good faith of the person, but it's now very hard to find the interesting one. If nobody had talked about a show before, maybe there was no interest in it, why create a topic? There is already the calendar section to see all the shows, I do not see the interest of all these topics. Am I the only one to think this way?
I've gotten a few comments on it and I understand the concern, but I think given a little while the active discussions will filter back to the top. It's nice to have threads on each show (at least US shows) to offer more info than the calendar can by itself, and to reach a wider audience through search keywords. I think we've probably reached the end of the new ones so more robust discussions should start dominating again.

You can always use the search box to look for a certain thread if you can't find it.

He has done a great job compiling all of that info, we'll just have to find a happy balance. Hopefully next year we'll get much of the list out of the way earlier so it doesn't interrupt anything!
Last edited by RyanS on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Chris Smallenberg

Post by Chris Smallenberg » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:28 pm

I had a similar reaction. My thought is that at this point, most of the shows being added will never be viewed again since, if there was interest, a thread would already have been created. However, I think the effort is valid, and if it can be done early in, or before, the airshow season started it would be much more useful. Very similar to the forums on the old Fencecheck site where the shows topics were all added very early on, at the same time, before the forum from that season was very active. That way, moderately popular threads will stay close to the top and easier to find during the season than is the case here where they are now buried. My two cents....

Chris
2 x

AirshowHawk

Post by AirshowHawk » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:33 am

It's acceptable and more than welcome to post shows threads but I feel like there's an appropriate time for this at the beginning of the air show season rather than halfway through.

I have personally also found these posts to be borderline spam at times and I certainly feel like it's something that needs to be fixed. Thankfully forums do tend to bump threads that are active to the top, but in this case, when there are multiple topics going up daily (sometimes by the minute/hour) it clogs the topics section and tends to push even the most active topics to the bottom.

I think putting a limit to threads allowed to be created daily would counter this but that is only my opinion and my suggestion. In the end, I don't see the person trying to do anything negative but it is something that is becoming an issue here.

Hawk
2 x

yyz64

Post by yyz64 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:01 am

What if you had sub forums for airshows by country/continent? Would make it easier to find shows relevant to each poster?
0 x

BOB W

Post by BOB W » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:57 pm

I MYSELF TRY AND KEEP AN EYE ON LOCAL AIRSHOWS IN MY AREA , I LIVE IN ROCHESTER NY SO GENESEO NY , THE ROCHESTER , AND BUFFALO NY AIRSHOWS ARE ALWAYS ON MY RADAR , IN PARTICULAR THE GENESEO ONE I HAVE MET RETIRED TUSKEGEE AIRMEN , ONE WAS ROSCOE BROW ONE OF MAYBE AHANDFUL OF TUSKEGEE AIRMEN TO SHOOT DOWN THE ME-262 JET . :D AALSO MET COL ROBERT MORGAN WHO FLEW THE ORIGINAL 'MEMPHIS BELLE" MET HIM IN BATAVIA NY AND ALSO IN ELMYRIA NY
0 x