Windsor, Ontario May 27-28

Discussion relating to 2017 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
SYost

Windsor, Ontario May 27-28

Post by SYost » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:48 am

Windsor, Ontario appears on the Snowbirds schedule for May 27-28. However, I cannot locate any information on this show. Anyone able to cast any details, especially a website or FB page?
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:59 am

SYost wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:48 am Windsor, Ontario appears on the Snowbirds schedule for May 27-28. However, I cannot locate any information on this show. Anyone able to cast any details, especially a website or FB page?
I've been wondering the same thing! An 8 hour drive for just the Snowbirds is not out of the question, but hopefully there is more to be had!
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Bretten Bailey

Post by Bretten Bailey » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:26 am

The Windsor dates are for a flypast for the MC Memorial Cup but will also feature an air show (as long as everything is worked out with the airport and city). I hadn't started a thread on this one yet due to no "official" announcement being made as of yet. There is a lot of limited public info thus far and that will be a very busy weekend in Windsor for sure haha.
Last edited by Bretten Bailey on Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
Bretten Bailey - Aerial Actions Airshows & Ballooning

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:57 pm

The CF-18 has removed Windsor from its schedule and added Columbia, MO instead. It sounds like there is a problem getting an aerobatic box so the airshow is being scaled back.

For my money (and drive time), I'd rather go to Gaylord in June or London in September to get my RCAF fix.

Hopefully it can grow in future years!
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Rhino93

Post by Rhino93 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:04 pm

Press conference for "Airshow YQG" at 1pm today, details to follow. ;)

Ryan
0 x
Ryan
Quebec, Canada

Rhino93

Post by Rhino93 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:10 pm

0 x
Ryan
Quebec, Canada

Rhino93

Post by Rhino93 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:29 pm

"Because of the location and size of the Windsor airport, the Snowbirds will perform a non-acrobatic show. But organizers say people should still expect an exciting performance.

“There’s going to be lots to see both in the air and on the ground. In the air there’s going to be a variety of military and civilian performers who will be doing some displays and fly passes. On the ground there will be aircraft to see and you’ll be able to interact with pilots, talk with pilots,” says airshow director Paul McCann.

The show is being hosted by the Canadian Historical Aircraft Association and Kids in Flight, a charity supporting kids with cancer.

Their aim is to make the show as affordable as possible for Windsor families. Admission will be $25 per car load (includes parking). A VIP ticket which includes preferred parking will be $40. Admission is $5 for anyone coming to the event without a car."
http://blackburnnews.com/windsor/windso ... g-windsor/

More details to be released in the coming weeks leading up to the show.
0 x
Ryan
Quebec, Canada

CenturyHornet Videos

Post by CenturyHornet Videos » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:27 pm

The show site has been posted and their invitees, well, I'll leave that all for you to decide. I sure hope that they pull this one off because
that would be one rocking hell of a show. http://airshowyqg.com/aircraft/

Cheers,

Ernest G.
0 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:34 pm

It's nice to see a show back in Windsor. I truthfully never went to the old Windsor International Airshow when it was being held years ago.

The invited list seems a little ambitious on the US side of things, but that's just my opinion.

Regardless, we have already seen London resurrected and turn into a huge success. Let's hope the same can happen for Airshow YQG!
0 x
Dan Gagnon

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:39 pm

CenturyHornet Videos wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:27 pm The show site has been posted and their invitees, well, I'll leave that all for you to decide. I sure hope that they pull this one off because
that would be one rocking hell of a show. http://airshowyqg.com/aircraft/

Cheers,

Ernest G.
Very diplomatically stated :D

I won't knock them for it, because they clearly indicate which is 'invited' and which is 'confirmed'. The really shady shows just list them all together and then give out excuses when they don't come in. Absolutely nothing wrong with inviting everything under the sun! I do hope they can get a number of them.

I'm a little confused by the title of Airshow YQG. From a marketing standpoint, not having the name of the city seems like a huge drawback. Not many people can probably identify what YQG even is. It just raises a barrier to people connecting with the show, which is never a good thing. I wonder if the previous director/organization has legal standing for 'Windsor Airshow' and prevents the new group from using it?
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Return to “2017 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”