2017 Vimy Flight Birth of a Nation Tour.

Discussion relating to 2017 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Larry I

2017 Vimy Flight Birth of a Nation Tour.

Post by Larry I » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:43 pm

I just saw a little story about the 4 aircraft used for the Flight at Vimy recently & they will be doing a tour in Canada and a stop at Oshkosh. Info & schedule are here.

http://www.vimyflight.ca/home2.html
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:43 pm

I saw their videos of flying over in France. I do hope they make it to Oshkosh!
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Larry I

Post by Larry I » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:03 pm

I copied this from the same message that told me this Tour existed. (My father was stationed there during the Lancaster era while I was a child).

"Greenwood Military Aviation Museum The aircraft are already here in the Valley, and as we understand it, they will be flying locally and in PEI over the next week or so until 7 May. Understand that these are fragile aircraft and only fly in the best of weather, so their itinerary is subject to Mother Nature's good will. May 6th is the only day some of them will be accessible to the general public at 14 Wing Greenwood."
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:04 pm

I wonder if they could be brought to OSH by a C-17 similar to their Europe trip. It would certainly be a big event that might be worthy of such support. I know Brent Handy was flying with them, maybe he will have some info once it gets closer.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Return to “2017 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”