Thunder Over the Valley Air Show 2017 (Youngstown ARS Open House & Air Show)

Discussion relating to 2017 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Bretten Bailey

Thunder Over the Valley Air Show 2017 (Youngstown ARS Open House & Air Show)

Post by Bretten Bailey » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:09 pm

Thunder Over the Valley Air Show 2017
Youngstown ARS Open House
June 17th-18th, 2017
Youngstown ARS, Ohio
http://www.youngstown.afrc.af.mil/About ... alley.aspx

Performers:
-US Air Force Thunderbirds
-US Air Force Academy Glider Team
-Youngstown C-130H Hercules Mass Container Delivery System Airdrop & Low Pass
-Canadian Harvard Aerobatic Team
-Team Fastrax
-Randy Ball MiG-17F
-Randy Ball T-37 Tweet
-Warbird Heritage Foundation's F-86 Sabre
-Warrior Aviation L-39 Demo
-Collings Foundation F-4 Phantom II Demo
-P-51C Red Tail Squadron
-Bomber Formation (B-17, B-24 & B-25)
-8th Air Force Formation (B-17 & P-51)
-A-37 Dragonfly
-Flash Fire Jet Truck
-US Air Force Drill Team
-Strongman Mark Kirsch "Man vs. Jumbo Jet" pulling the C-130

Share your photos and discussion below
Last edited by Bretten Bailey on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
Bretten Bailey - Aerial Actions Airshows & Ballooning

MattEv14

Post by MattEv14 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:58 pm

So I visited the website yesterday and noticed an intriguing addition to the line-up. They are now showing an F-4 Phantom listed under performers. Understanding that the last of the QF-4's were retired late last year this could only be the Collings Foundation's F-4.

I did a bit more research and per the Collings Foundation's Facebook page it appears they are close to getting their F-4 in the air again and I saw a comment stating that they should have exciting news to share soon.

I still seems like a long shot at best that it will actually be in the air at this show, but it is certainly worth monitoring. If it actually showed up this would be quite the gathering of vintage jets with the MiG-17, T-37, and F-86 already confirmed.

Matt
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:45 pm

MattEv14 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:58 pm So I visited the website yesterday and noticed an intriguing addition to the line-up. They are now showing an F-4 Phantom listed under performers. Understanding that the last of the QF-4's were retired late last year this could only be the Collings Foundation's F-4.

I did a bit more research and per the Collings Foundation's Facebook page it appears they are close to getting their F-4 in the air again and I saw a comment stating that they should have exciting news to share soon.

I still seems like a long shot at best that it will actually be in the air at this show, but it is certainly worth monitoring. If it actually showed up this would be quite the gathering of vintage jets with the MiG-17, T-37, and F-86 already confirmed.

Matt
VERY interesting developments! Keep us posted!
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Fri May 12, 2017 9:56 pm

Signed up for the Airshow Insider emails and got one today saying the Collings Foundation F-4D is indeed coming to Youngstown. That seals it for me. Making plans to be there.
0 x
Matt

Return to “2017 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”