Selfridge ANGB Air Show & Open House: Celebrating 100 Years of Selfridge

Discussion relating to 2017 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
yyz64
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: Selfridge ANGB Air Show & Open House: Celebrating 100 Years of Selfridge

Post by yyz64 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:52 pm

Nice looking forward to that
0 x

jcochr50
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:06 pm
Location: Ormond Beach, FL

Post by jcochr50 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:50 pm

Great to see that the Collings F-4D has flown and will make the show on August 19-20. This has perhaps the best lineup of any weekend show in North America this year, and I wish I could be there.

But I will see the F-4, F-100F, TA-4F and several other jets and prop warbirds flying at Wings Over Houston 2 months later.

:)
0 x

kalamazookid
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:15 am
Location: West Lafayette, Ind.
Contact:

Post by kalamazookid » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:51 pm

It appears the Vintage Wings of Canada Spitfire has been replaced by the Hawker Hurricane! :o
0 x
Matt

Djack
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:00 am
Location: Kansas City, MO
Contact:

Post by Djack » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:28 am

Man this show looks incredible! I just booked my trip tonight and can't wait. Finally get to see the F-100F and very excited to see the Collings F-4 again. I got to see it at Edwards AFB a while back.

David
0 x

yyz64
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 11:54 pm

Post by yyz64 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:41 pm

So I'm guessing that the USN Tac Demo is a C model not a Super Hornet listed as the USN Tac Demo page has listed Selfridge as a Charlie demo.The C model actually has a pretty nice paint job this year.
0 x

yyz64
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 11:54 pm

Post by yyz64 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:02 am

Selfridge has added an F-22 for static display

Also added a CF-18 for static display
Last edited by yyz64 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

japper
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by japper » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Hello, heading down this weekend, was wondering if there are any good spots to go watch practice/arrivals on Friday. Never been to this airshow before. Is the Walmart or Outlet mall parking lot any good?
0 x

User avatar
RyanS
Posts: 2075
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:50 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Post by RyanS » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:33 pm

japper wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:40 pm
Hello, heading down this weekend, was wondering if there are any good spots to go watch practice/arrivals on Friday. Never been to this airshow before. Is the Walmart or Outlet mall parking lot any good?
Your best bet is the subdivision just south of the airfield, off of N River Rd if I remember correctly. Since it's a show day they may tolerate spotting more than usual. The rest of the airfield is pretty well shielded by trees but you might be able to hang out somewhere between the highway and base and see some of the action from 'in the box'. You won't see anything on the runway from there though.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Bretten Bailey
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:18 pm
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

Post by Bretten Bailey » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:29 pm

yyz64 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:02 am
Selfridge has added an F-22 for static display

Also added a CF-18 for static display
Correct. A few more may be added but seeing as it keeps getting closer and closer, the finalized ramp lineup should be known by Monday.
kalamazookid wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:51 pm
It appears the Vintage Wings of Canada Spitfire has been replaced by the Hawker Hurricane! :o
Yessir. The Spitfire is having some maintenance issues right now. The Hurricane is definitely a rare bird and is a welcomed addition :).

In other news, Mike Wiskus will not be performing at Selfridge next weekend and Buck Roetman will be performing instead.
0 x
Bretten Bailey - Aerial Actions Airshows & Ballooning

japper
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by japper » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:17 am

RyanS wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:33 pm
japper wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:40 pm
Hello, heading down this weekend, was wondering if there are any good spots to go watch practice/arrivals on Friday. Never been to this airshow before. Is the Walmart or Outlet mall parking lot any good?
Your best bet is the subdivision just south of the airfield, off of N River Rd if I remember correctly. Since it's a show day they may tolerate spotting more than usual. The rest of the airfield is pretty well shielded by trees but you might be able to hang out somewhere between the highway and base and see some of the action from 'in the box'. You won't see anything on the runway from there though.
Thanks. Going to the show Saturday, just want to find somewhere to park Friday & see some planes flying around. Other air shows I have managed to find locations where they fly right over you, which they rarely if ever do at the actual show.
0 x

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests