Edit: Caught two F-35s from Luke (the Heritage Flight team) and KC-10 from Travis!
I'm Aki, just found and read this thread from the beginning yesterday, getting really excited now waiting my plane to fly!
Thanks to the team making the airshow, and members here making it more exciting talking about the show. Can't wait to get there!
The absolute lowest point was when we were kicked off of the roped off static runway to move a plane in. Then we had to move further. And then further. All to avoid a plane that didn't even come close. Then we sat and sat and sat waiting to get back to the normal fenceline. We had to shoot the CF-18 departure from behind the photo pit tent. Although we were told the area would be opened back up for general admission seating 'soon', it never opened up for the rest of the night. We wasted about two hours waiting for it, since it was the only fenceline space left at this point. All of our eggs in the wrong basket because the volunteers had no clue what was going on. Missed the awesome opening flybys and finally gave up and went to sit in the field somewhere well back from the fence. I gave up on photos and watched.
Colossally disappointed and frustrated. All I can hope for tomorrow is good seats and a stable flow to the day.
Shoot me a PM if you still want the airboss frequency, I did find it today. Tower is 119.4.
The draft line up for Friday night's Twilight show includes:
2 x USANG F15s They arrived before the show just as we were getting there around 3:30 or so? Didn't fly again
2 x USANG F16s They arrived at the start of the show in formation with 2xCF-18's that had departed before the show made a few passes
2 x RCAF-18 Hornets As above,arrived with the F-16's made a few passes after the F-16's
US Navy Super Hornet Demo Very nice demo with some additional passes after the demo A+
USAF ACC F35 HF with P51 Nice to see, saw this earlier at Selfridge but nice to see at a show
RCAF CC-177 Landed stayed a while the departed after the Snowbirds apparently back to Trenton and the flying hurricane relief flight probably not there the rest of the weekend
RCAF Snowbirds Always a good act
2 x F18E US Navy Super Hornets Made 1 pass before landing maybe they were low on gas?
Randy Ball Mig 17PF Demo What can you say about Randy always a favourite and when he zips down the runway like hes looking for a dime he lost wow
Surprise HF.... This was the Vampire made I think 2 heritage with the CF-18
CF-18 Demo Always a good demo but with the heritage flight it was getting dark and was a bit hard to see,I mean it;s neat to see the afterburners but if they aren't on you couldn't really see the plane.Think they were running a bit late?
After we were getting back to the car 3 jets I think they may be the CT-155's were making numerous passes but it was to dark to see anything.
It seemed to me the F-15's were put into the static park during the show,I sure hope they get up Saturday as I'm sure most people missed them.It was a good night lots of jet noise.
Another thing that needs to be looked at for next year is the show schedule posted on the website, not being accurate, especially with what Gerry posted on here. Also, when cancellations have occured, they should be removed from the website ASAP. They are currently still listed on the website. It is a bit of a pet peeve of mine.
Air Ops guys are fantastic, as Ryan said. Don't stop what you're doing! Just some constructive critisim on the other stuff mentioned above.
Now for some photos of the static line-up, which was great!
- FB_IMG_1506136050934.jpg (259.9 KiB) Viewed 4303 times
- FB_IMG_1506136082700.jpg (223.89 KiB) Viewed 4303 times
- FB_IMG_1506136086067.jpg (214.35 KiB) Viewed 4303 times
- FB_IMG_1506136089285.jpg (211.12 KiB) Viewed 4303 times
- FB_IMG_1506136092774.jpg (232.88 KiB) Viewed 4303 times
- FB_IMG_1506136099482.jpg (75.88 KiB) Viewed 4303 times
- FB_IMG_1506136106790.jpg (227.5 KiB) Viewed 4303 times
- FB_IMG_1506136112765.jpg (192.43 KiB) Viewed 4303 times
- FB_IMG_1506136115816.jpg (258.09 KiB) Viewed 4303 times
- FB_IMG_1506136119167.jpg (147.88 KiB) Viewed 4303 times
No one said the actual show was garbage. There were issues in certain areas, which some of us have addressed:SWAJim wrote: ↑Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:06 amWell looking at the first few replies you’d have thought this show was garbage I absolutely loved the show, especially the F-15 flybys. Haven’t seen the -15 fly in years. Toledos entrance last night was phenomenal. The Snowbirds put on a GREAT show and i love watching the Skyhawks. Nice to be at a show without a million flippy things. The Vampire/CF-18 legacy flight was a nice surprise. Nice variety on static! Well worth the weekend general admission pass!
1) The way the media was handled
2) Social Media: Fantastic building up the show. DON'T change that. The accuracy of the schedule in terms of what was flying (Yes, I know shit happens and stuff can change), but it's not the first time something has been said to perform a certain and hasn't. Again, I know "subject to change" does happen. I've been going to shows all my life, so I understand all that jazz. Doesn't mean I can't be disappointed when I don't see a certain act
3) Website: Goes along to what was said above, and not removing aircraft cancelled. Do some cancel on Friday? Sure. There were 5 aircraft that cancelled on Tuesday or Wednesday and it was well documented here on this forum, yet not removed on the website. The average spectator won't understand why they weren't attending, because they were still on the website with the tag "Confirmed"
As you can see, no where was the word "garbage" used. Issues? Yes. Garbage? No.
This show has the BEST Air Ops guys, in my opinion. The hardware they get for a civilian, Canadian show, is outstanding. I am confident that the organization as a whole will look at these issues and address them.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests