USA salute Air and Water Show- Miami, FL

Discussion relating to 2017 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Hawkster13

USA salute Air and Water Show- Miami, FL

Post by Hawkster13 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:52 am

Hey all, I will be in Miami, FL the weekend of memorial day and noticed there is an Air and Water Show on Miami beach. I have also noticed there is virtually zero information on the event. Is there anyone who might have more information other than what is posted on the usasalute.com website??? :)
Last edited by Hawkster13 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Air Show Hobbyist
Scale RC Airplane Hobbyist

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:01 am

I honestly had to search it out when I first heard about it! I agree there doesn't seem to be much info and their website seems like more flash than substance. There is no way there are getting everything listed on there to actually appear. I'm curious for some info on it as well.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

JeancarloRuiz

Post by JeancarloRuiz » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Hey Everyone,

The airshow has been confirmed by the city of Miami Beach to take place on memorial day weekend 2017. They have been advertising it on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. The show has been mentioned in the local news but very little. I do know that they are working with the same promoters from who did the McDonald's Air and Sea Show, which was the biggest airshow in the world when it was going on. From folks I know in the local military and reports from local media it appears they are bringing Naval ships and flyovers from a lot of different military planes. These promoters have plenty of money and are pulling a lot of strings. According from what I heard it should resemble the McDonald's Air and Sea Show in so many ways.

Thanks!

--

V/R

//SIGNED//

Jeancarlo Ruiz, C/Maj, AFROTC
Last edited by JeancarloRuiz on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Hawkster13

Post by Hawkster13 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:08 pm

Thank you for the information Jeancarlo. I'm just trying to get the best information as I can about this particular show. Sounds pretty amazing if the show organizers can pull it off. I just found it pretty awesome as I just happen to be in Miami that weekend and figured attending the airshow on Saturday for a few hours to see some of the action would be cool. Keep us informed if you can Jeancarlo!
0 x
Air Show Hobbyist
Scale RC Airplane Hobbyist

JeancarloRuiz

Post by JeancarloRuiz » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:51 pm

FYI,

ACC's F22 Raptor and USMC Osprey Demo's have been confirmed for the Miami Beach Air and Sea Show. Also if you take a look at their website the list of performers has shrunk (meaning some of the performers have been removed.)

Notable Acts Removed:

1. Canadian Snowbirds
2. USMC MAGTF Demo
3. US Navy Seals Leap Frogs
4. US Airforce F35 Fly Over

No word yet on when the promoters will start announcing the confirmed acts.

Thanks!
0 x
V/R

JEANCARLO RUIZ

JeancarloRuiz

Post by JeancarloRuiz » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:16 pm

FYI,

US NAVY TAC DEMO VFA-106 and the USCG SAR Demo have been confirmed.

According to the promoters they are adding the finishing touches and are finalizing the performer lineup. They will officially start announcing the acts in the next few weeks.

I would like to think that the first week of April is when they will make the first announcements.

Thanks!
Last edited by JeancarloRuiz on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
V/R

JEANCARLO RUIZ

JeancarloRuiz

Post by JeancarloRuiz » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:47 pm

FYI,

Jeff Shetterly and his SNJ-6 Texan have been added to the performers list. So far there's 6 confirmed acts for the airshow.

Thanks!
0 x
V/R

JEANCARLO RUIZ

JeancarloRuiz

Post by JeancarloRuiz » Mon May 01, 2017 1:39 pm

FYI,

According to the promoters a 4-Ship Formation Flyover by the United States Air Force A-10 has been confirmed. Also the P51D Mustang and an F-16 Fighting Falcon have been confirmed to join the F22 Raptor demo for the Heritage Flight. The U.S. Customs and Special Ops demonstrations have been confirmed as well.

I also would like to add that VFA-106 will be flying the Legacy Hornet at this show.

Acts Added:

1. USAF Heritage Flight (F22/F16/P51})
2. A10 Formation Flyover
3. U.S. Customs and Specials Ops Demo
4. Miss Geico/Power Boat Racing (Sea Show)
5. USAF F16 Viper Demo

I will be posting more stuff once they give out more updates,

Thanks!
Last edited by JeancarloRuiz on Wed May 03, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
0 x
V/R

JEANCARLO RUIZ

JeancarloRuiz

Post by JeancarloRuiz » Mon May 01, 2017 1:48 pm

I just checked Air Combat Command Aerial Events and the Viper Demo team has added the Miami Beach Air and Sea Show.

Thanks!
0 x
V/R

JEANCARLO RUIZ

JeancarloRuiz

Post by JeancarloRuiz » Wed May 03, 2017 1:48 pm

FYI,

It appears as the United States Air Force B1B Lancer Bomber and the B2 Stealth Bomber will be making an appearance at the Miami Beach Air & Sea Show.

Also looks like they are working on getting a flyover by the B52 as well.
Last edited by JeancarloRuiz on Wed May 03, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
V/R

JEANCARLO RUIZ

Return to “2017 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”