Thunder Over Georgia 2019

Discussion relating to 2019 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:44 am

September 28th and 29th
Robins AFB, Warner Robins, Georgia
https://www.robins.af.mil/AirShow/

Line-Up as of 6/16/2019
USAF Thunderbirds
US Army SOC Black Daggers
F-22 Raptor Demo
USAF Heritage Flight
Shockwave Jet Truck
Man vs. Impossible
Twin Tigers
Jerry Conley
Greg Koontz
Julie Clark
Gary Rower
Buck Roetman
Greg Colyer
Bill Stein
Matt Younkin
Bob Freeman
C-45 Expeditor
P-40 Warhawk
Clemens Kuhlig
C-17 Globemaster III Demo
E-8 Joint STARS Flyby
F-15 Eagle Flyby
Last edited by n33d4sp33d_85 on Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:37 am

Joining the F-22 Raptor in the USAF Heritage Flight will be a P-51 Mustang.
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:18 am

Static List
A-10
Bell 308
Bell 407
Bonanza A36
E-3 AWACS
E-8 JSTARS
C-5
C-17
C-130
C-172
C-182
CH-53
F-15
F-16 Aggressor
GA-8
German A400M
HH-65 SAR
KC-10
Maule
PA-28A
PA-28R
PA-44
RQ-4
Super Decathlon
T-6
T-38
TH-57
Thrush 310
U-2
0 x

dovedescent7

Post by dovedescent7 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:05 am

im sorry if i am not allow to post here. Please forgive me.

Were a family in Charlotte NC travelling to Robbins AFB next weekend (god willing) and we're hoping someone could provide some info or at least educated guesses on if we might be able to make it there to see the stuff were interested in.

I'm out of work due to a recent terminal cancer diagnosis so we cant afford to stay overnight at Robins AFB.
The gas for the drive alone will be pretty tough.
But i promised my kids, 16 yr old,14 year old and a of course my 4 year old little angel girl, and i am so grateful to be able to spend this time with them!
Our issue is, we don't know which day we should go!
We are really looking forward to seeing the F-22 and the Thunderbirds. If we can make it for those two, we'll be so happy!

The show is on Sat and Sunday Sept 28th and 29th at Robins AFB in Ga.
Could anyone recommend a day or time to get there so that we can have a chance to see the f-22 Demo Team and the Thunderbirds?

Would Saturday be better? Or Should we get there extra early?
Is there anyone that might have an idea on when would be the best way/day to go to be able to see these awesome planes?
Feel free to Pm or email me, thank you!

Thank you so much!
Jacob in Charlotte
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:32 pm

dovedescent7 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:05 am im sorry if i am not allow to post here. Please forgive me.

Were a family in Charlotte NC travelling to Robbins AFB next weekend (god willing) and we're hoping someone could provide some info or at least educated guesses on if we might be able to make it there to see the stuff were interested in.

I'm out of work due to a recent terminal cancer diagnosis so we cant afford to stay overnight at Robins AFB.
The gas for the drive alone will be pretty tough.
But i promised my kids, 16 yr old,14 year old and a of course my 4 year old little angel girl, and i am so grateful to be able to spend this time with them!
Our issue is, we don't know which day we should go!
We are really looking forward to seeing the F-22 and the Thunderbirds. If we can make it for those two, we'll be so happy!

The show is on Sat and Sunday Sept 28th and 29th at Robins AFB in Ga.
Could anyone recommend a day or time to get there so that we can have a chance to see the f-22 Demo Team and the Thunderbirds?

Would Saturday be better? Or Should we get there extra early?
Is there anyone that might have an idea on when would be the best way/day to go to be able to see these awesome planes?
Feel free to Pm or email me, thank you!

Thank you so much!
Jacob in Charlotte
Hi Jacob! The Raptor and Thunderbirds will fly on Saturday AND Sunday. In fact, you can almost always expect to see the same lineup on each day. I am not familiar with this show specifically, but the Raptor will *probably* fly early afternoon and the Thunderbirds will fly last, likely around 3pm. Pick the best weather day for your best chance of seeing everything. Gates open at 9 and opening ceremonies are at 10.

Traffic always gets heavier throughout the day and since all general admission needs to be bussed onto base you will need to allow even more time. I can only suggest you get there as early as feasible (I'd aim for 10 if you can, noon might be ok but it's pushing it) to ensure you have the best day possible. There are many stories of people trying to show up in the early afternoon just for the main acts and missing everything because of traffic or bus backups. Airshow traffic always sucks. Also be prepared to wait a while to leave after the show ends since everyone will be rushing for buses.

Make sure you check the show's website for info on stuff to bring and prohibited items.

It will definitely be a LONG day but i hope you can make it and enjoy it!
Last edited by RyanS on Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

dovedescent7

Post by dovedescent7 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:27 pm

Thanks a lot Ryan!

This is exactly what we were hoping to find out!
We cant thank you enough and really appreciate your help!
0 x

Return to “2019 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”