EA-18G Growler Demonstration Team

Find out where your favorite performers will be! Be sure to check schedules for updates as they are always subject to change. Also post year-related performer information, such as music lists.
Alex41985

EA-18G Growler Demonstration Team

Post by Alex41985 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:05 pm

No schedule as of yet but follow them on Instagram

https://instagram.com/growlerdemoteam?i ... r508u7vdpf
2 x

GRNDP51

Post by GRNDP51 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:51 pm

Now I might be overstepping my boundaries here, but our demo team contingency might just be better than pre-sequestration. TWO F-35 teams and a GROWLER TEAM?!?! You're kidding. I LOVE IT!!! :twisted:
1 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:31 pm

Lots of people getting carried away with this today (not so much here but on Facebook for sure). All indications are this will be at most a non-aerobatic "mini-demo" tacked on to a Legacy Flight.

I am 100% not complaining about that - the Growler was awesome last year and I'm glad to see it continue! But no one has said they will be flying a full on aerobatic routine and in fact VFA-106 (now the Rhino Demo Team) was extremely adamant that they are the only aerobatic demo. This is probably a minimal change in reality.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:47 pm

RyanS wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:31 pm Lots of people getting carried away with this today (not so much here but on Facebook for sure). All indications are this will be at most a non-aerobatic "mini-demo" tacked on to a Legacy Flight.

I am 100% not complaining about that - the Growler was awesome last year and I'm glad to see it continue! But no one has said they will be flying a full on aerobatic routine and in fact VFA-106 (now the Rhino Demo Team) was extremely adamant that they are the only aerobatic demo. This is probably a minimal change in reality.
The Growler was definitely cool last year. If the "mini demo" is similar to what happened at Nellis, I'm totally fine with that!
0 x
Dan Gagnon

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:39 pm

More of my take on the news: https://airshowstuff.com/v4/2020/meet-t ... tion-team/

I confirmed that they are not flying any particular demonstration profile, but they are hoping to tack extra passes on to Legacy Flights whenever they can. Overall it is definitely a good thing!
1 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com