Corona virus, Covid-19 and airshows?

Post your airshow-related threads here! For specific airshows, please use the year-specific forum.
Ken91

Post by Ken91 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:35 am

I'm assuming that others will follow, particularly those on military bases.
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:21 am

I'm seeing so many stupid comments about it being a hoax and a media-induced panic. That certainly applies to the idiots buying pallets of toilet paper, but it's not what's behind these event cancellations. I didn't really understand the thinking behind further quarantines until a few days ago but this sums it up pretty well.

https://healthblog.uofmhealth.org/welln ... n-you-help

Side note, thanks to all of our forum members for continued civil discussions! I haven't had to moderate anything but spam in a very long time.
1 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:24 am

I'm expecting more of this. Whatever our own feelings about our own health and judgment of risk are, many events, organizations, etc. aren't going to want to risk something happening at their facility or event. Looking at what various types of organizations are cancelling, postponing or modifying, it seems inevitable that this will affect more airshows.
0 x
Matt

TooTallDean

Post by TooTallDean » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:59 am

Stuff is getting real!

Just today,
-the WHO is now officially calling it a Pandemic.
-the NBA has cancelled games "indefinitely", probably for the season.
-Trump has spoken to the nation directly about C19
-US has halted all European travel for 30 days.

I'm not optimistic about seeing RIAT this July...
0 x

Ken91

Post by Ken91 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:33 am

With all the cancellations of events, universities going online only, etc., it's now pretty much a matter of how long will this last? Into Summer? Of course, we don't know yet. Personally, that really sucks because I like to plan things in advance. I do certainly understand the reasoning and, logically, I agree. Not only airshows, but I was really looking forward to NHL playoffs. Nothing official on those yet, but I'm assuming a postponement/cancellation is coming.
0 x

jpujol

Post by jpujol » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:08 pm

Shaping-up to be a repeat of the "2013 Sequestration".
1 x

Dan Gagnon

Post by Dan Gagnon » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:29 pm

Add the LA County Airshow to the list.
LANCASTER, CA (March 12, 2020) – With uncertainty regarding the spreading of coronavirus COVID-19, Los Angeles County Air Show, Inc. has announced the cancellation of the 2020 Los Angeles County Air Show “Aerospace Valley, USA®”, originally scheduled for March 21st and 22nd, 2020. The cancellation comes at the guidance and direction of Los Angeles County, federal, local and state health officials.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/los-ange ... 758144994/
0 x
Dan Gagnon

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:39 pm

MacDill has postponed their Tampa Bay Airfest indefinitely. Which to me is the same as cancelling but i guess with these huge schedule shake ups who knows what might be able to reschedule at a later date.
POSTPONED: Tampa Bay AirFest 2020

Unfortunately, to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and preserve the ability of our service members to meet any and all national defense taskings, we are postponing the 2020 Tampa AirFest until further notice.

This is disappointing news to us and our families, as well as to the community that welcomes us as friends and neighbors. This decision was not an easy one, however we are following Department of Defense and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention risk-based guidance. We will continue to work closely with our state and regional/local health officials to coordinate detection and response efforts when needed. I encourage you to review the CDC’s website for more information on a few simple tips to safeguard yourself, your families and your teammates from potential spread of the virus.

There is no current plan to cancel other base events at this time however we will assess the risk for each gathering and make the best decision in the interest of our personnel and mission.

We will keep MacDill AFB’s Facebook page updated with the latest guidance and information.

Thank you for your continued support.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:49 pm

From the organizers of Luke Days 2020.
We take the health of our attendees and our community very seriously, and we are monitoring the situation with COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) in conjunction with Arizona Department of Health Services and Maricopa County Public Health. Luke Days continues to take extra precautions to further protect our guests including:
􀁸 Adding hand washing stations throughout the venue.
􀁸 Making alcohol hand washing stations available at select locations.
􀁸 Posting signage to encourage our volunteers and patrons to wash their hands.
􀁸 Enhancing the janitorial cleaning schedule where appropriate.
􀁸 Encouraging patrons who are not feeling well (i.e. fever, cough, respiratory problems) to refrain from attending the event.
In preparation for the Air Show, we are staying in close contact with the medical community experts and other leadership, and will be communicating updated recommendations as they become available.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention has provided the public this page for more background information and we encourage you to review. Currently, the air show will commence as planned. As a reminder, if anyone has been ill or someone in their household has been ill we request you refrain from attending the Air Show.
Thank you for remaining vigilant and helping us keep the air show a safe and fun event.
0 x

runningmovies

Post by runningmovies » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:50 pm

Yuma show is no long open to the public, unless you have bought a ticket or have a DOD access.

https://www.facebook.com/mcasyuma/posts ... 8875581916
Last edited by runningmovies on Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x