AirshowStuff is looking for some new helpers!

Topics pertaining to AirshowStuff and these forums. Announcements, suggestions, etc.
RyanS

AirshowStuff is looking for some new helpers!

Post by RyanS » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:02 pm

AirshowStuff is looking for help!

The website has long been run by myself with the assistance of a few friends, but in order to keep it growing further I am hoping to find some new faces to help out. Of course, anyone who participates in this forum is helping a lot already and I really appreciate all of you!

For those who maybe want to be a bit more active, I have some specific roles that I'm hoping to fill, but there can definitely be multiple people for each one.

- Someone who enjoys video editing to recombine our existing footage into slick videos to be posted on our Youtube channel. Bonus points if you shoot your own footage and can contribute either flying video, interviews, or onboards to the channel. In fact if you can contribute good footage that'd be great on its own.

- Someone to send in short blog posts of aviation news stories like the KC-97 first flight or Gene McNeely retiring. Looking for a paragraph or two mostly, plus finding relevant photos/videos to include. I don't have time to proofread posts so this person should be really good at writing news copy. The goal is one post per week, but I'm flexible. Please make sure to include a sample news post about an aviation topic of your choice in your email!

- Someone to run an Instagram page for us, using our library of images. This will have to be someone experienced with IG because I am not. Experience running a non-personal page is also probably important. The main task will be making sure we get a few posts scheduled for each day. (FILLED FOR NOW)

I will also be up front that we don't make enough money right now to pay anyone for this, but we will do our best to support your media projects and credential requests at shows. I am specifically hoping to find people outside the Midwest because it will be harder to get passes for them with Dave and I already here. I'm also open to including links to your own site where possible.

If you take decent photos, we can definitely explore integrating them into the site in the future, but being a photog is NOT required to help out and we are not looking to add anyone who can only contribute photos. However, we always welcome photo contributions here on our forums and try to reshare them.

If you're interested in filling one of these roles and you can commit to spending some regular time on it, please send me an email and I'll see what we can do!
Last edited by RyanS on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

alexp2805-

Post by alexp2805- » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:04 am

Are you still looking for help on an Instagram Account?
0 x
@AllStarAviation - Instagram
@AllStarAviationPics - Facebook

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:59 am

alexp2805- wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:04 am Are you still looking for help on an Instagram Account?
We just got the IG account going like a week ago, still kind of feeling it out ourselves but I think we have a couple people lined up to help soon! I kind of want to start slow but we may add some more in the future, especially as summer approaches next year.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

alexp2805-

Post by alexp2805- » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:06 am

RyanS wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:59 am
alexp2805- wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:04 am Are you still looking for help on an Instagram Account?
We just got the IG account going like a week ago, still kind of feeling it out ourselves but I think we have a couple people lined up to help soon! I kind of want to start slow but we may add some more in the future, especially as summer approaches next year.
OK thanks!
0 x
@AllStarAviation - Instagram
@AllStarAviationPics - Facebook

Crash601

Post by Crash601 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:12 am

I could help with the news / posts.
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:55 pm

Crash601 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:12 am I could help with the news / posts.
Awesome! When you get a chance, please shoot me an email with a sample write up on recent piece of news. One that I was just looking at is the Tora world record for the wall of fire:

https://www.facebook.com/ToraAirShows/p ... 9182545918
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

TooTallDean

Post by TooTallDean » Sat May 04, 2019 7:24 am

Hi Ryan,

I can offer reports and photos too.

I am trying to establish myself as a freelance photojournalist, submitting to various magazines, etc., so I need to be careful not to "scoop myself".
Meaning if I give you a full airshow report and photos that appear online right after the show ends, I will likely not be able to submit it for publication elsewhere.

So I would give you a brief report, and a few photos. Would that work for you?

Cheers,

Dean
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Sun May 05, 2019 12:14 am

TooTallDean wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:24 am Hi Ryan,

I can offer reports and photos too.

I am trying to establish myself as a freelance photojournalist, submitting to various magazines, etc., so I need to be careful not to "scoop myself".
Meaning if I give you a full airshow report and photos that appear online right after the show ends, I will likely not be able to submit it for publication elsewhere.

So I would give you a brief report, and a few photos. Would that work for you?

Cheers,

Dean
Hey Dean! Appreciate that, but really that's what we created the forums to host. I have never found much of a market for show reports aside from our magazine (which we had to discontinue from a time perspective), but here in the forums those thoughts and photos can be part of a discussion with multiple reports and viewpoints posted together. I really hope you'll keep sharing what you are able to here! We do feature some photos from the forums on our social media every now and then, especially when a thread is particularly active with posts.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

TooTallDean

Post by TooTallDean » Mon May 06, 2019 10:39 am

Yeah, I also noticed that the aviation mags want base and unit reports more than general air shows.

Are you interested in AFB museum reports? Or private (Not AFB) museums?
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Fri May 10, 2019 11:37 pm

TooTallDean wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:39 am Yeah, I also noticed that the aviation mags want base and unit reports more than general air shows.

Are you interested in AFB museum reports? Or private (Not AFB) museums?
Sorry, this one slipped by me. I guess they're pretty much the same as show reports as far as I'm concerned. It's not the kind of stuff we focus our blog on, but they are a great addition here on the forums just like show reports. I think we'd have to grow quite a bit (or bring back the magazine) before we'd have a good vehicle to make those a regular feature.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com