Abbotsford International Airshow 2022

Discussion relating to 2022 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Nightmare22

Post by Nightmare22 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:19 am

My segue has been ruined and from the ashes rises a Phoenix. It seems theairshowguy and his friends are on the right way however which way I will not say. The stars have aligned and the Nova was seen. Did Grus come out and take a peak? I see there's some lover of the cards and everyone knows 21, Apollo got too close to the sun. Speaking of, his twin seems to have been found out and maybe the beast that flies above. Before she comes to the show, she'll need a shower. Keep climbing Mount Olympus. Some of you are meteorologists and have a good sense of the weather. You all appear to know your clouds and Thunderbolts too. Prepare to be Shocked. I'm glad the first Riddle provided fun and I hope this one does too. I enjoy clowning around and writing these. Now, all this talk of mythology makes me want to go sip the Liquor of the Gods while I watch the Orcas as I extend back in my chair. Skål Everyone.
0 x

Waka Photography

Post by Waka Photography » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:06 pm

Nightmare22 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:19 am My segue has been ruined and from the ashes rises a Phoenix. It seems theairshowguy and his friends are on the right way however which way I will not say. The stars have aligned and the Nova was seen. Did Grus come out and take a peak? I see there's some lover of the cards and everyone knows 21, Apollo got too close to the sun. Speaking of, his twin seems to have been found out and maybe the beast that flies above. Before she comes to the show, she'll need a shower. Keep climbing Mount Olympus. Some of you are meteorologists and have a good sense of the weather. You all appear to know your clouds and Thunderbolts too. Prepare to be Shocked. I'm glad the first Riddle provided fun and I hope this one does too. I enjoy clowning around and writing these. Now, all this talk of mythology makes me want to go sip the Liquor of the Gods while I watch the Orcas as I extend back in my chair. Skål Everyone.
I'm not gonna try to guess everything cause I'm so confused lol! I'm guessing that the Orcas your watching is Undaunted Airshows? There schedule is open for that weekend so maybe "Orca Flight" will be attending!

Stay safe,
Josh Walker
Waka Photography
0 x

lukas97

Post by lukas97 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:52 pm

Nightmare22 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:19 am My segue has been ruined and from the ashes rises a Phoenix. It seems theairshowguy and his friends are on the right way however which way I will not say. The stars have aligned and the Nova was seen. Did Grus come out and take a peak? I see there's some lover of the cards and everyone knows 21, Apollo got too close to the sun. Speaking of, his twin seems to have been found out and maybe the beast that flies above. Before she comes to the show, she'll need a shower. Keep climbing Mount Olympus. Some of you are meteorologists and have a good sense of the weather. You all appear to know your clouds and Thunderbolts too. Prepare to be Shocked. I'm glad the first Riddle provided fun and I hope this one does too. I enjoy clowning around and writing these. Now, all this talk of mythology makes me want to go sip the Liquor of the Gods while I watch the Orcas as I extend back in my chair. Skål Everyone.
I have to say, I'm loving this as well. To me, speculation and anticipation is what these forums are for! So, thank you for the entertainment while we wait for the show to slowly reveal their intentions. I have a few guesses, but I'll wait and see what happens. Hope more gets confirmed this week! Just over 3 weeks until jets are on the ground!
0 x
Erickson Aviation Media

Bingofuel

Post by Bingofuel » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:53 pm

"Apollo flew too close to the sun", maybe 41 SQ typhoon was a maybe and has cancelled?

Skal is Nordic for cheers, so maybe Danish or Norwegian F-35? Theres a ton of foreign F-35s down at Luke AFB.

Liquor of the Gods in Cognac, which is a FAF base. So either referencing the MRTT already announced or another type? Although I think that base is mostly drones now.

Lol I'm reading waaaaaay too much into these
0 x

theairshowdude

Post by theairshowdude » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:51 pm

Thank you for another one. Me and my friends love diving into these so if possible keep them coming. Before I give some of the guesses we've come up with will you be releasing the keys before or after the show? It would be nice to know how close we were and what would've been if some of this doesn't happen.

I guess with the first sentence your connection between riddles was ruined since Abby announced the MRTT. You're saying an E-3 is expected since the Nova was seen. The Grus is some type of crane, something German? I second Bingo with what he said about Apollo and I guess Blackjack could be coming however with logistics and you saying 50/50 before the riddle especially since it's this late maybe not so likely? We found out Apollo's twin is Artemis (didn't know that so you're making us learn) and the beast that flies above if I go to the previous riddle is the Griffin so we could be correct the Cali F-15C's and either Dutch F-35's or something Greek. It's a stretch but Greek F-4's or Zeus demo? Is whatever Artemis is old and that's why the shower? I'm not going to hold my breath about Tornados but neat if they're planned. Thunderbolts F-15E's from Mountain Home. Shock em. The rest of it we could only deduce French Mirages since Cognac is a callsign and Orca/Extend you're talking about a KC-10. Skal maybe something Scandinavian but I'm not even going to touch that.
0 x

theairshowdude

Post by theairshowdude » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:53 pm

Bingofuel wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:53 pm Lol I'm reading waaaaaay too much into these
You and me both. Haven't had this much fun nor been invested in a riddle this much since you and your friend Dave un-clogged your sink back in 2017 ;)
0 x

theairshowdude

Post by theairshowdude » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:24 pm

New Static: RCMP Eurocopter H145 and Cessna Caravan. Not something too exciting but something nonetheless
0 x

Nightmare22

Post by Nightmare22 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:50 pm

I'm glad you're all enjoying these. Yes, I will go over every riddle and say the answers after the show. I won't specifically say what the answers are before the show unless an announcement is made but I will hint at a right answer as with Nova. These guesses are entertaining for me and all who are participating are digging deep however don't get lost in the caverns. Lots of good guesses and some bullseye's. The compass is being followed on the right line, try not the drift off course. As the rozzer's are on scene and anarchy is dispersing, might they follow the same way as Apollo. As you keep navigating with your eyes, to the night sky and you see the Phoenix with the Nova, keep looking for Grus. You're not far off. You found Artemis dancing in Thunderbolts but Zeus is not around, might there be a God of Thunder. Speaking of Gods, their liquor is delicious and I need to get more soon. Whale watching seems to be popular. None of these riddle have anything old, only new. With that, for now, I will bid you adieu.
2 x

mikeyb9

Post by mikeyb9 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:06 am

Nightmare22 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:50 pm I'm glad you're all enjoying these. Yes, I will go over every riddle and say the answers after the show. I won't specifically say what the answers are before the show unless an announcement is made but I will hint at a right answer as with Nova. These guesses are entertaining for me and all who are participating are digging deep however don't get lost in the caverns. Lots of good guesses and some bullseye's. The compass is being followed on the right line, try not the drift off course. As the rozzer's are on scene and anarchy is dispersing, might they follow the same way as Apollo. As you keep navigating with your eyes, to the night sky and you see the Phoenix with the Nova, keep looking for Grus. You're not far off. You found Artemis dancing in Thunderbolts but Zeus is not around, might there be a God of Thunder. Speaking of Gods, their liquor is delicious and I need to get more soon. Whale watching seems to be popular. None of these riddle have anything old, only new. With that, for now, I will bid you adieu.
i love all this and makes it fun for us all, hoping and thinking!!!!

I believe thatt the USAF F35 piloted by "BEOWOLFE" could be joining us, as she is in "SEAFAIR" seattle and a very close flight to us, which is near mount olympus!!!

Love it!!!
0 x

AirshowHawk

Post by AirshowHawk » Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:30 pm

2 Royal Netherlands Air Force F-35's confirmed for static, this makes 4! Also P-8 Poseidon confirmed for static.
2 x

Return to “2022 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”