Gordon Price Retires and is Selling his 1972 Yakolev Yak-50

Post your airshow-related threads here! For specific airshows, please use the year-specific forum.
Adambadger88

Gordon Price Retires and is Selling his 1972 Yakolev Yak-50

Post by Adambadger88 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:21 pm

Following his retirement at the Canadian International Air Show 2023, aerobatic pilot Gordon Price has listed his 1972 Yakolev Yak-50 (C-FYGP) for sale.

https://www.trade-a-plane.com/search?ca ... KYPUWjz_cs

Skip to 1:56:00 to see his final performance.
https://www.youtube.com/live/dA1I-utE4G ... M8X_rbTPm1

From his Facebook:

A RETIREMENT EVENT LIKE NO OTHER

Thank you Lori Duthie for the hours that you put in steering the Canadian International Air Show 2023 through the myriad of challenges and making my retirement a part of the air show. Thank you to all the volunteers who make this fabulous air show possible. A special thank you to Wendy Gluhushkin for leading a great ground support team at the Island airport. Thank you to my point of contact person Todd Burke for you many efforts. A very special thank you to Scotty Oxenham who was always there when I needed a little help preparing the Yak-50 for flight and getting in and out of the cockpit.

Yes, my retirement is official, no kidding this year.......See the sales listing for YAK-50 SN 01 at trade-a-plane.

My exit was on a very high note. Thank you to Canadian International Air Show , also the Canadian Forces Snowbirds and Major Brett Parker for dedicating their Labour Day performace to me. Thank you to my daughter and owner of The Dam Pub Meaford, Stephanie Price for all the help, assistance and sponsorship. Thank you to Guy Doherty for superb maintenance on the YAK-50 at CYOS. Guy is always there when you are in need. Finally, a big thank you to my wife of 61 years, Sandy for the above and beyond support. Now you can finally stop worrying.
FB_IMG_1695057908978.jpg
FB_IMG_1695057908978.jpg (44.03 KiB) Viewed 3676 times
Last edited by Adambadger88 on Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
0 x