2024 CenterPoint Energy Dayton Air Show

Discussion relating to 2024 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
EricP

Post by EricP » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:32 pm

kalamazookid wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:21 pm Thanks for the reply. I kind of thought from looking at the grounds map that might be the case, but it's always better to hear from people who have been there. My interest this year was due to the anniversary - figured if there was ever a year to go, this might be the one to pick. Whether I go or not will probably depend on if they add anything special for the anniversary. Navy F-35s or Growlers, or another significant warbird would maybe get me there. As of now the lineup is ok, but I will see most of these acts closer to home this year.
Yeah, right now the lineup is pretty much like every other year. Headliner, jet demo team...maybe two, lots of civilian acts, maybe a warbird if we are lucky. Nothing in the lineup so far screams 50th anniversary celebration sadly. Last years show was one of Dayton's best in quite a few years so trying to be optimistic we will get some late additions such as what you mentioned. Really wish they could get some bomber flybys too...B-52, B-1, B-2.
0 x
Eric P.

CultOfTheWyvern

Post by CultOfTheWyvern » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:33 pm

Agreed, it's a solid lineup right now, and I already have GA tickets so I'm going, but nothing that screams "special celebration for our 50th anniversary" just yet. Honestly, I don't think they have to break the bank. A brief set piece featuring aircraft that have appeared at Dayton shows over the past half-century, or even a mixed formation or two; something to set the show apart from previous years. Going up against one of the RCAF 100 flagship events probably put paid to the idea of getting the Frecce, especially since Bagotville had hinted early on that they were expecting a European team.

One thing I'm really hoping will turn up is that Erickson P-38 that's going to Columbus a week before. Ya know, the same Columbus that's only about an hour from Dayton by road? Come on, guys, get it!
0 x

midwest_photographer

Post by midwest_photographer » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:48 pm

I messaged Dayton Air Show on insta regarding the lack of military acts and they replied stating that they're working on more military performances, great thing to hear, hoping they can get some good stuff for this show!
0 x

jackoliver13

Post by jackoliver13 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:41 pm

midwest_photographer wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:48 pm I messaged Dayton Air Show on insta regarding the lack of military acts and they replied stating that they're working on more military performances, great thing to hear, hoping they can get some good stuff for this show!
Given what is currently left our only hope is the F-35C demo team in terms of jet demos. They won't send the Growlers or WC Rhino since Blues will be there. If we are lucky they may get a BUFF or a BONE flyby but those haven't flown at Dayton in God knows how long. Maybe the statics will make up for it. I just want the OG Dayton AirShow back from the early 2000s. I've been going since then and I miss how stacked they got it. Last year's lineup turned out to be stellar but they lack consistency with it like the Hyundai Air and Sea show which always gets a stacked roster each year.
1 x

midwest_photographer

Post by midwest_photographer » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:18 pm

jackoliver13 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:41 pm
midwest_photographer wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:48 pm I messaged Dayton Air Show on insta regarding the lack of military acts and they replied stating that they're working on more military performances, great thing to hear, hoping they can get some good stuff for this show!
Given what is currently left our only hope is the F-35C demo team in terms of jet demos. They won't send the Growlers or WC Rhino since Blues will be there. If we are lucky they may get a BUFF or a BONE flyby but those haven't flown at Dayton in God knows how long. Maybe the statics will make up for it. I just want the OG Dayton AirShow back from the early 2000s. I've been going since then and I miss how stacked they got it. Last year's lineup turned out to be stellar but they lack consistency with it like the Hyundai Air and Sea show which always gets a stacked roster each year.
A B-1B Lancer flyby would be a seller for me, I've been looking to get a bone for a long time now
0 x

flex_aviation

Post by flex_aviation » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:23 pm

jackoliver13 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:40 pm
IDF783 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:59 pm Anyone know at this stage if the Bayuo F-15s will be back?
The Bayou birds will be in Kadena for around 9 months so probably not
When will they get back?
0 x

jackoliver13

Post by jackoliver13 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:20 pm

flex_aviation wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:23 pm
jackoliver13 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:40 pm
IDF783 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:59 pm Anyone know at this stage if the Bayuo F-15s will be back?
The Bayou birds will be in Kadena for around 9 months so probably not
When will they get back?
Probably not till sometime mid summer
0 x

midwest_photographer

Post by midwest_photographer » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:49 pm

This is a very underwhelming show lineup for a show like this, let alone an anniversary show.
Really hoping the guys can get some good military acts for us. I am not impressed with this lineup as of now.
1 x

ItzColinHere

Post by ItzColinHere » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:58 pm

Same here. I feel like it's gotten a lot smaller since Jane Wicker & Charlie Schwenker crashed there in 2013.
Last edited by ItzColinHere on Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

jackoliver13

Post by jackoliver13 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:09 am

midwest_photographer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:49 pm This is a very underwhelming show lineup for a show like this, let alone an anniversary show.
Really hoping the guys can get some good military acts for us. I am not impressed with this lineup as of now.
Couldn't have said better myself. Right now I am only interested in the Blues and Viper demo, somewhat the Moose. Other than that it feels like another year of a mid-tier lineup. If we had last year's lineup for this year it would be easily justifiable. Really disappointed with how they have handled this year's show. Probably time for new management there.
1 x

Return to “2024 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”