2024 A-10 Thunderbolt II Demo Team Schedule

Find out where your favorite performers will be! Be sure to check schedules for updates as they are always subject to change. Also post year-related performer information, such as music lists.
CultOfTheWyvern

Post by CultOfTheWyvern » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:48 am

This is unsurprising news, what with the fleet being drawn down, but disappointing that the end should come so soon and suddenly. I'd hoped for one or two more years, mostly for selfish reasons since none of the shows on the schedule in 2024 will be particularly easy for me to get to. Guess I'll have to find a way to get to Cleveland...
Last edited by CultOfTheWyvern on Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Stratotanker

Post by Stratotanker » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:45 am

Ken91 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:24 pm That's certainly a bummer. I knew this would come sometime soon, but I didn't know this would be the last year for the A-10 demo.

For the USAF - please make an F-15EX Demo team (or Strike Eagle). Or better yet, have a two-ship Eagle demo team like the Growlers.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But the F-15EX is going to be almost exclusively an ANG platform, outside of a small number in active duty test units. So, I doubt we'll see an EX demo team for the foreseeable future.

A return of the Strike Eagle demo team is more probable, in my opinion.
1 x

Ken91

Post by Ken91 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:01 pm

Stratotanker wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:45 am
Ken91 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:24 pm That's certainly a bummer. I knew this would come sometime soon, but I didn't know this would be the last year for the A-10 demo.

For the USAF - please make an F-15EX Demo team (or Strike Eagle). Or better yet, have a two-ship Eagle demo team like the Growlers.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But the F-15EX is going to be almost exclusively an ANG platform, outside of a small number in active duty test units. So, I doubt we'll see an EX demo team for the foreseeable future.

Yeah, I just want an "Eagle" demo team again since I wasn't attending airshows when it was active.
0 x

passedgas46

Post by passedgas46 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:06 pm

Ken91 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:01 pm
Stratotanker wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:45 am

Yeah, I just want an "Eagle" demo team again since I wasn't attending airshows when it was active.
There's a thread elsewhere about a possible F-15 demo return. I think the closest we got to it in recent times and in the United States was the demo that was at Joint Base McGuire last year from a Mass ANG pilot. There's several videos of the demo from Sunday's show (one was quoted multiple times) but there's also video from the Friday practice of nearly the same profile, only more tame.

Nothing more came from that demo... which is a damn shame because it was awesome.
0 x