Air VG 2024

Discussion relating to 2024 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
FlyRed

Post by FlyRed » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:20 am

Appreciate the help. If I make it to Zagreb it'll be around 2pm so while the timing works to allow me to see the -21 fly, the sun angle is definitely not ideally.

Any thoughts or mention about photographing from the north side of the airport? Looks like a nice road running along the fence but I don't know the legalities of doing such a thing in Croatia.
0 x

Adam

Post by Adam » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:49 am

Never been, so can't offer site-specific advice I'm afraid!

I plan to be there on the 10th too, in case of any rehearsals. I'll likely be outside the fence. I can't imagine spotting getting anyone into real trouble - especially on an event day.
0 x
Freelance airshow media and videography (thisisflight.net)
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

Adam

Post by Adam » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:50 am

It appears ticketing info will be published next Wednesday.
0 x
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:50 am

Honestly I think that on that day it won't be a problem.
It will be crowded everywhere I guess.
However, I have never been to Zagreb but I know that usually you need to get a permit approved by the airport for spotting at the fence and you need to call a phone number when you arrive at the spot.
Even if you have a car it seems quite difficult to access the northern part of the airport facing the general aviation terminal. For my self, I will stay in the airshow enclosure and anyway, the sky might be cloudy also so this is to be considered as well. By foot it's seems to be quite a long walk to go to the other side and the fence seems to be quite high also...
0 x

Adam

Post by Adam » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:22 am

Where did you see the info about needing a permit? I've been reading several spotting guides over the past few days and I haven't seen any mention of this.
0 x
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:52 am

@Adam I have the whole document on my phone, it's a 2 page document that comes from the airport itself. I tried to upload it on the forum directly but it didn't work. I put the document online on the following link (available for 14 days only) :

https://www.cjoint.com/c/NDBjYicfb7f
0 x

Adam

Post by Adam » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:25 am

Very useful - thank you!
0 x
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:04 am

You are welcome ! I had requested the document for a possible trip in 2021 but I didn't go finally and I do not know if this procedure is still in use
0 x

Adam

Post by Adam » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:12 am

A substantial news post on the official website. The event will be ticketed, but tickets will be free.
AIRVG2024 is approaching, tickets on the online service from May 2

From now on, Croatian skies are guarded by Croatian Rafales, and you will be able to get to know them more closely at AIRVG2024 - an air show organized for the third time in Velika Gorica.

Under the auspices of the Government of the Republic of Croatia, on May 11, 2024, the City of Velika Gorica is organizing the event AIRVG2024 - Aviation Day in Velika Gorica, an aviation event that, with the co-organization of Zagreb International Airport and the support of the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Croatia - the Croatian Air Force, will be held at the Air the port of Franjo Tuđman in the area of ​​the so-called of the old terminal.

The main star of the day will certainly be the duet of the Croatian Air Force C3R-EC Rafale, in whose name the "C" stands for Croatia, and the legendary MiG-21 bisD, which carried the weight of guarding the Croatian skies on its wings for the past 30 years! In addition to the Croatian squadron of fighter jets, other assets of the Croatian Air Force will be presented, and visitors will be able to see a display of helicopter capabilities of joint action in rescuing pilots from a hostile environment "Pilot RESCUE" in which OH-58D, UH-60M and Mi-171Sh helicopters participate. , the performance of the acrobatic group HRZ "Wings of the Storm", the helicopter AS532 Cougar of the Air Force of the Republic of Slovenia, and getting to know the program of the Croatian Air Force "Become a military pilot".

The aim of this event is to promote aviation in Croatia and Velika Gorica as the "Aviation City", and the emphasis of this year's edition will be on the modernization of aviation and the promotion of calls for military pilots, aviation technicians and other professions in air traffic.

With this organization, the City of Velika Gorica continues the "City of Aviation" project, as part of which a "Charter of Friendship" was signed between the City of Velika Gorica and subjects from the aviation industry operating in the area of ​​Velika Gorica. The signatories are the Croatian Air Force, Zagreb International Airport, Croatian Air Navigation Control, Aviation Technical Center Velika Gorica, Croatia Airlines, Trade Air, Zagreb Airport, Aviation Technical School "Rudolf Perešin", Polytechnic Velika Gorica, Aeroclub Velika Gorica and Velika Gorica Tourist Board. All of them will be presented at AIRVG2024!

- We invite those interested in this event to follow all the information on the website airvg.info, where we will publish all the instructions for visitors about the AIRVG2024 event. First of all, due to meeting safety standards, the number of visitors is limited, and free entrance tickets will be available through the online service from May 2, which we will inform about via the website and social networks - say the organizers of the third Veliko Gorica air show.
0 x
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

F-BSHM

Post by F-BSHM » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:52 pm

You can now register as a spotter according to the Velika Gorica city Facebook page 😉
1 x

Return to “2024 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”