Planes of Fame Airshow 2017

Discussion relating to 2017 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Bretten Bailey

Post by Bretten Bailey » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:03 am

May 6th-7th, 2017
Chino Airport
Chino, California USA

Performers:
-US Air Force F-35 Heritage Flight Team
-Greg Colyer "Ace Maker Airshows" T-33
-Sanders Sea Fury Aerobatcs
-Rob Harrison "The Tumbling Bear"
-Kent Pietsch "Jelly Belly" Interstate Cadet Deadstick Act
-Kent Pietsch "Jelly Belly" Comedy Act
-Kent Pietsch "Jelly Belly" RV Top Landing
-Lewis Air Legends
-Planes of Fame Northrop N9MB Flying Wing Demo
-Warbird Demonstrations (B-25, P-47, P-51 and many others TBD)

Share your photos & discussion below.
Last edited by Bretten Bailey on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Bretten Bailey - Aerial Actions Airshows & Ballooning

jcochr50

Post by jcochr50 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:23 pm

One of the best vintage warbird shows anywhere, it is always worthwhile. Looking forward to hopefully making it again.

http://planesoffame.org/index.php?page=general-info
0 x

EricP

Post by EricP » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:11 am

I noticed that the CF-18 demo team is no longer listed on the Planes of Fame Airshow website. Previously, I had wondered if the CF-18 had two demo teams much like the USN F/A-18 demo teams (East and West Coast) as the CF-18 schedule showed that they were going to be at McEntire JNGB. Appears as though they will no longer be at Chino, but it will still be a great show!
0 x
Eric P.

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:18 am

EricP wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:11 am I noticed that the CF-18 demo team is no longer listed on the Planes of Fame Airshow website. Previously, I had wondered if the CF-18 had two demo teams much like the USN F/A-18 demo teams (East and West Coast) as the CF-18 schedule showed that they were going to be at McEntire JNGB. Appears as though they will no longer be at Chino, but it will still be a great show!
There are rumors that the CF-18 team has canceled all but one US appearance to reduce the demand on the pilot, but we haven't been able to confirm them. I don't know what the remaining show would be, either.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

EricP

Post by EricP » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:24 am

RyanS wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:18 am
EricP wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:11 am I noticed that the CF-18 demo team is no longer listed on the Planes of Fame Airshow website. Previously, I had wondered if the CF-18 had two demo teams much like the USN F/A-18 demo teams (East and West Coast) as the CF-18 schedule showed that they were going to be at McEntire JNGB. Appears as though they will no longer be at Chino, but it will still be a great show!
There are rumors that the CF-18 team has canceled all but one US appearance to reduce the demand on the pilot, but we haven't been able to confirm them. I don't know what the remaining show would be, either.
Wow...interesting! Guess I would have to make it to either Windsor in May or London in September if I want to see it. Oh darn, another airshow to attend!
0 x
Eric P.

smutny

Post by smutny » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:07 pm

A number of businesses, including the Yanks Air Museum, have filed a lawsuit against Planes of Fame to halt the air show. POF has an online petition going, not sure how much it helps, but sign it if you'd like to help them out.

https://www.change.org/p/planes-of-fame ... r-air-show
POF.jpg
POF.jpg (62.12 KiB) Viewed 25551 times
0 x
John Smutny
Air Boss One
www.airbossone.com

Life is not a journey to the grave intending of arriving safely in a well preserved body but rather to skid in broadside used up worn out and loudly proclaiming; Damn, what a ride!

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:31 am

I've seen a LOT of talk about the lawsuit but haven't had the chance to catch up on it yet. Seems like a dreadful situation all around. I can absolutely believe that POF has been snubbing other businesses, but I can also see that Yanks really went for the jugular with this move. It seems the community has fallen almost entirely on POF's side and Yanks may have signed their death warrant. Even if the lawsuit is thrown out I don't think many will forget this for a long time...
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:54 pm

Update on the lawsuit today:
AIR SHOW UPDATE 04/20/17
Many of you have been waiting for an announcement as to the status of the Planes of Fame Air Show. The April 20, 2017 hearing regarding the injunction request against the Planes of Fame 2017 Airshow has been continued by the court to April 28.

Steve Hinton, President of Planes of Fame has told us “We remain optimistic regarding the outcome of the upcoming hearing and we remain confident that the show will go on as planned.”

We understand that the hearing will be 8 days before the Planes of Fame Air Show and we want to assure you that your overwhelming support throughout this situation has strengthened our determination and resolve to save the Air Show. We are in the final weeks of the Air Show preparation and the details, arrangements and commitments are already in place. People have made travel plans from all over the U.S and the world. This Air Show is a huge investment in terms of people, time and resources.

All of the performers, sponsors, vendors and volunteers are steadfast in their commitment to supporting the Air Show and are excited to be here the weekend of May 6 & 7. We should have 5 Corsairs in attendance as well as an Air Force F-35 – plus at least 40 or more other aircraft. This is the Museum’s 60th Anniversary and we are planning on having one of the best Air Shows ever!

Thank you for continuing to buy your Air Show tickets! As you already know…if the order to stop the show happens, all Planes of Fame Air Show tickets will be refunded by Planes of Fame.

With your support and the support of the Air Show community, we are moving FULL SPEED AHEAD with the Air Show preparations and will continue to do so unless the judge tells us otherwise. The fate of the Planes of Fame Air Show will be decided in court on April 28.
THANK YOU!! WE APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT!!
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:12 am

The 2017 Planes of Fame show will go on as planned! The attempt to halt the 2017 show has been dropped, but the companies that sued will continue pressuring POF to work with them before the 2018 show. The future may be a little unclear still, but this is a good sign right now!

https://yanksair.org/2017-air-show-chin ... community/
CHINO, CA — The group of plaintiffs filing suit against Planes of Fame have withdrawn the motion for a preliminary injunction of the 2017 air show. This action will allow the air show to proceed as planned on May 6th and 7th, 2017. The plaintiffs will continue legal action in their pursuit of fair operations for future air shows at the Chino Airport.

“We do not want others to be harmed, as we have been every year, by the unfair actions of Planes of Fame. We decided to drop the preliminary injunction for the sake of attendees and vendors – those who have purchased tickets, those who have made travel arrangements, and those who are there to sell goods, services, and food. We hope to see a change in the way Planes of Fame operates this year’s air show now that a light has been shed on the ongoing issues they have refused to resolve,” said Christen Wright, Director of Yanks Air Museum.

The plaintiffs filed suit against Planes of Fame last month after numerous attempts to resolve ongoing issues that have worsened in recent years. The plaintiffs allege that these issues include intentional attempts to physically block and obstruct their businesses before, during, and after the air show. The decision to withdraw the motion for a preliminary injunction was made after the original hearing scheduled on April 20th was postponed to April 28th because of a conflict with the original judge assigned to the case.

“We were getting too close to the air show. We tried to start conversations with Planes of Fame immediately after the 2016 air show but they were unwilling to sit down and create a binding agreement. We were tired of having meetings where they would agree to a plan and then not keep their word. Even after filing suit, they made no effort to resolve this out of court,” said Michael Thayer, President of Flying Tigers Aviation.
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

jcochr50

Post by jcochr50 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:09 pm

Looking forward to a GREAT show next weekend!

http://planesoffame.org/index.php?page= ... 7-schedule
0 x

Return to “2017 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”