BREAKING: Capt. Kotnik, first Female F-16 Viper Demo Team Commander Relieved of Position

Find out where your favorite performers will be! Be sure to check schedules for updates as they are always subject to change. Also post year-related performer information, such as music lists.
tifosi77

Post by tifosi77 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:29 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the USAF Demo Teams are mini-commands subordinate to an operational TFS, yes? Historically it seems they go for an O-4 or more senior O-3 as team lead. Capt Kotnik is a relatively junior O-3. I wonder if that played a role. If it did, that's kind of a bad by the service imo, as that was certainly a known thing during selection.

Eh, it's all speculation. I want to be respectful of Capt Kotnik's privacy. This must suck.
0 x

Air Strike Images

Post by Air Strike Images » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:35 pm

tifosi77 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:29 pm Correct me if I'm wrong, but the USAF Demo Teams are mini-commands subordinate to an operational TFS, yes? Historically it seems they go for an O-4 or more senior O-3 as team lead. Capt Kotnik is a relatively junior O-3. I wonder if that played a role. If it did, that's kind of a bad by the service imo, as that was certainly a known thing during selection.

Eh, it's all speculation. I want to be respectful of Capt Kotnik's privacy. This must suck.
I don't believe it is her rank of Captain/O-3 that got her removed. "Rocket" Baker and "Rain" Waters were both Captains when they got started on the team as well as many demo team pilots of the past. I assume more news of this may come in a year from now considering that's when the news was released for the former Thunderbirds leader Heard.
0 x
Geoffrey Arnwine - Air Strike Images