Airshow 50 - Now Skyfest 50

Discussion relating to 2022 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
Adam

Post by Adam » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:04 pm

Sadly, I think I'm out. I'm sure it'll be fun but it's tough to justify transatlantic travel for essentially some non-aerobatic flybys. I wonder what the logistical challenges were that forced the change?

Clearly I've got some kind of magic touch that makes airshows cancel this year! This is the fourth loss from my intended schedule and so far it's mostly been the most interesting ones.
0 x
Freelance airshow media and videography (thisisflight.net)
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

Bingofuel

Post by Bingofuel » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:54 pm

Still time to add some more attractions but agreed, disappointed.

As far as the Snowbirds and CF-18 go there have been several instances of them showing up and doing "non aerobatic" shows of sorts. If the lack of an approved aerobatic box is indeed the issue. Who knows
0 x

Adam

Post by Adam » Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:26 am

Somebody asked the Snowbirds/CF-18 question on Facebook. The show's reply was: "they are not on our confirmed list of attendees as of right now."

About the static display, they said: "All visiting aircraft and ones from our collection that will be flying will be parked outside on our ramp. At certain times, during Saturday and Sunday, the ramp area will be open to the public so that you can get right up to the aircraft. When flying is taking place, the ramp area will be restricted. At that time, visitors will be able to watch the flybys outside (near the building). The entire building will be accessible."
0 x
Freelance airshow media and videography (thisisflight.net)
Producer with PlanesTV
Airshow commentator

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Tue May 31, 2022 3:09 pm

Per a recent email, the CF-18 demo jet will be there on static. MAM is also bringing the Fw190 replica.

I decided to drop this from my plans. I thought if I went it would be a good opportunity to visit the museum, take a flight in something and see some visiting aircraft, but some other things have come up.
0 x
Matt

Return to “2022 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”