JB MDL Power in the Pines Air & Space Open House 2023

Discussion relating to 2023 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
jpujol

Post by jpujol » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:35 pm

Plan to arrive early and be on the line to enter the base when the gates open. Traffic gets very heavy to enter the base.

After the show, DO NOT run to your car. It usually takes an hour or more for traffic to begin to move off the base.

With no demo teams this year, exiting the base might be easier.
0 x

jpujol

Post by jpujol » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:40 pm

From past experience, McGuire gates usually open at 8 AM, so be on the line to get in at 8 AM or so.

This will make for less traffic and shorter security lines.
0 x

Just_Justin

Post by Just_Justin » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:51 pm

jpujol wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:35 pm Plan to arrive early and be on the line to enter the base when the gates open. Traffic gets very heavy to enter the base.

After the show, DO NOT run to your car. It usually takes an hour or more for traffic to begin to move off the base.

No Demo team?? I thought that the F16 demo team would be there
0 x

Just_Justin

Post by Just_Justin » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:59 pm

passedgas46 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:43 pm
Just_Justin wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:49 pm
jpujol wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:55 pm Wow! May will be rocking in 2023 for me.

Langley, Barnes, McGuire and Jones Beach (all back to back). Will have to catch my breath.
It's my first time going, so I'm not too sure when the show usually starts and when to leave (about an hour drive) so where would i go to see the times?
I grew up an hour and a half from McGuire and before moving to Delaware I was living less than twenty minutes from the base. Coming from Philly it takes about 45 minutes to get to McGuire and upwards of an hour and a half or more from NYC. I haven't been back up that way since I moved so I can't vouch if there's construction issues or not.

Most of the roads within a few miles of McGuire are two-lane roads. A few are four-lane roads but it does narrow down to two after about two miles. There isn't a whole lot in terms of restaurants near the base - there's a few fast few joints and a couple other eateries but nothing too fancy. I'm not sure if I trust the quality of any of the hotels within five miles of the base. Your best bet for a nicer place to stay and eat would be in places like Bordentown and Mount Laurel, and even they'll put you 20 or more minutes away.
Thnak you! I only ever see the atlantic city one but since Im old enough to drive I can go to more
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:14 pm

Latest additions per JB McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst FB page.
We proudly announce that the U.S. Coast Guard Atlantic Strike Team will showcase its incredible Search and Rescue capabilities in a heart-pumping demonstration you won't want to miss!

In addition to the USCG, we are thrilled to have Marine Aircraft Group 49 fly their state-of-the-art helicopters and showcase their pilots' skills and precision.

The 404th Civil Affairs Battalion, Airborne will add to the excitement with a personnel "drop," giving you a front-row seat to our military's excellent training and capabilities.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1271198 ... %2CO%2CP-R
Last edited by n33d4sp33d_85 on Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Just_Justin

Post by Just_Justin » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:49 pm

jpujol wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:55 pm Wow! May will be rocking in 2023 for me.

Langley, Barnes, McGuire and Jones Beach (all back to back). Will have to catch my breath.
It's my first time going, so I'm not too sure when the show usually starts and when to leave (about an hour drive) so where would i go to see the times?
I grew up an hour and a half from McGuire and before moving to Delaware I was living less than twenty minutes from the base. Coming from Philly it takes about 45 minutes to get to McGuire and upwards of an hour and a half or more from NYC. I haven't been back up that way since I moved so I can't vouch if there's construction issues or not.

Most of the roads within a few miles of McGuire are two-lane roads. A few are four-lane roads but it does narrow down to two after about two miles. There isn't a whole lot in terms of restaurants near the base - there's a few fast few joints and a couple other eateries but nothing too fancy. I'm not sure if I trust the quality of any of the hotels within five miles of the base. Your best bet for a nicer place to stay and eat would be in places like Bordentown and Mount Laurel, and even they'll put you 20 or more minutes away.
Will it be the same thing for both days? or will it be different?
0 x

passedgas46

Post by passedgas46 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:36 pm

Just_Justin wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:49 pm

Will it be the same thing for both days? or will it be different?
Yes.
0 x

MarcosMCM

Post by MarcosMCM » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:51 pm

jpujol wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:35 pm Plan to arrive early and be on the line to enter the base when the gates open. Traffic gets very heavy to enter the base.

What exact time u think? I live about 40 minutes far from there
0 x
@marcos_aviation on Instagram

jpujol

Post by jpujol » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:51 pm

Plan to arrive at the gate at 8 AM. This is the best time. Gates usually open at 8 AM.

McGuire parking fills up very quickly.
1 x

Ericanstine

Post by Ericanstine » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:29 am

Does anyone have a lineup for statics this year? A list would be greatly appreciated.
0 x

Return to “2023 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”