2024 EAA Air Venture Oshkosh

Discussion relating to 2024 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
DevenV1717

Post by DevenV1717 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:34 pm

GROWLER DEMO TEAM IS BACK AGAIN JULY 26-28TH LETS GO
1 x

Airshowlover811

Post by Airshowlover811 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:59 am

According to Scott yoaks Instagram the F-35C demo team will be returning to Oshkosh this year.
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:04 am

0 x

passedgas46

Post by passedgas46 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:04 am

Alright... for all you Oshkosh veterans on here, let's talk food.

We've already decided we're camping at Camp Scholler. It only makes sense and is a very cost-effective way. I understand they have those little markets scattered throughout the campground. Do they sell hot food or ready-to-eat meals? Think of stuff you'd find at 7-11, Wawa, QuikChek, Royal Farms, Sheetz, Stripes, etc.

The food vendors on the convention site. Now, I understand they are open late on Wednesday and Saturday to accommodate those staying for the nighttime airshows, but what about the other days? The daily airshows end at 6 pm, but do the food vendors stay open late each night? We wouldn't be looking for a midnight meal but, say, dinner immediately following the afternoon airshows.

What about getting food delivered to the campsite? Dominos, Pizza Hut, DoorDash, Uber Eats, etc.

We have zero intentions on bringing anything related to campground cooking, other than a cooler full of beer and non-alcoholic drinks.
0 x

Waka Photography

Post by Waka Photography » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:07 am

New Addition - Trojan Phlyers (T-28 x2)
Attachments
FB_IMG_1710114736581.jpg
FB_IMG_1710114736581.jpg (83.93 KiB) Viewed 995 times
0 x

Eraucubsfan

Post by Eraucubsfan » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:46 pm

passedgas46 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:04 am Alright... for all you Oshkosh veterans on here, let's talk food.

We've already decided we're camping at Camp Scholler. It only makes sense and is a very cost-effective way. I understand they have those little markets scattered throughout the campground. Do they sell hot food or ready-to-eat meals? Think of stuff you'd find at 7-11, Wawa, QuikChek, Royal Farms, Sheetz, Stripes, etc.

The food vendors on the convention site. Now, I understand they are open late on Wednesday and Saturday to accommodate those staying for the nighttime airshows, but what about the other days? The daily airshows end at 6 pm, but do the food vendors stay open late each night? We wouldn't be looking for a midnight meal but, say, dinner immediately following the afternoon airshows.

What about getting food delivered to the campsite? Dominos, Pizza Hut, DoorDash, Uber Eats, etc.

We have zero intentions on bringing anything related to campground cooking, other than a cooler full of beer and non-alcoholic drinks.
How long do you plan on camping? Honestly, your best bet is to find a local grocery store and buy stuff to stock in a cooler(s). The local stores around the campsite can be hit or miss, but they usually only have the essentials. The food vendors, I believe stay open, but are expensive and not exactly stuff you want to eat multiple days. We normally stock up the cooler with stuff like lunchmeat, cheese, hotdogs etc... It's also nice to have stuff at your campsite in case of bad weather.
Last edited by Eraucubsfan on Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

passedgas46

Post by passedgas46 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:44 pm

Eraucubsfan wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:46 pm

How long do you plan on camping? Honestly, your best bet is to find a local grocery store and buy stuff to stock in a cooler(s). The local stores around the campsite can be hit or miss, but they usually only have the essentials. The food vendors, I believe stay open, but are expensive and not exactly stuff you want to eat multiple days. We normally stock up the cooler with stuff like lunchmeat, cheese, hotdogs etc... It's also nice to have stuff at your campsite in case of bad weather.
We'll be there at least seven nights. Maybe more since one of my local airshows cancelled.

Looking at a map, there's a Walmart not too far away so that'd be good to stock up on stuff. We'd do that, but like I said we don't intend on bringing anything to cook while camping; no stove, no grill, none of that. I haven't camped since I was a teenager, so we're talking 35+ years now since I've slept in a tent or an RV. My wife, on the other hand, she went camping many times in her early years but she hadn't done any since well before we met. And back then, my father would have us eating MREs that he would get from a friend of his, and that was our go-to while camping and while at airshows.

As far as eating via the food vendors, we both have no problem with that. Cost is not a factor for either of us there - just don't want to be returning to the campsite without having a meal. I've seen food prices at airshows climb like a rocket throughout my life so between that and what I see at sporting events I know what to expect price-wise.
0 x

jackoliver13

Post by jackoliver13 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:06 pm

Well I guess no F-35C demo this year. They just dropped the schedule and OSH is not listed
0 x

Eraucubsfan

Post by Eraucubsfan » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:53 pm

jackoliver13 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:06 pm Well I guess no F-35C demo this year. They just dropped the schedule and OSH is not listed
I think they are coming, probably part of the Navy Heritage Flights. As mentioned above Scooter Yoak posted it on Instagram which tells me that they will be at least part of the Legacy Flights.
1 x

midwest_photographer

Post by midwest_photographer » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:12 pm

Eraucubsfan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:53 pm
jackoliver13 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:06 pm Well I guess no F-35C demo this year. They just dropped the schedule and OSH is not listed
I think they are coming, probably part of the Navy Heritage Flights. As mentioned above Scooter Yoak posted it on Instagram which tells me that they will be at least part of the Legacy Flights.
Personally I think they'll come and do a full demo, last year they never specifically mentioned OSH at all (Just a "TBD" show around the OSH date, which turned out to be OSH)

But regardless of if they do a demo or not, I would be exited to see the C variant again!

The EAA Guys are doing a hell of a job on this years lineup, I'm a huge fan of this lineup so far!
Last edited by midwest_photographer on Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Return to “2024 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”