Gifu Air Festival 2023

Discussion relating to 2023 airshows/fly-ins/exercises/other events. Post news before the event and post your photos afterwards! Please create only one thread per event.
n33d4sp33d_85

Gifu Air Festival 2023

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:13 am

Gifu Air Festival 2023
November 12th
Gifu Air Field
Gifu, Gifu Prefecture, Japan
https://www.mod.go.jp/asdf/gifu/events/ ... index.html

Featuring
- JASDF Blue Impulse [Kawasaki T-4 (x 6)]
Last edited by n33d4sp33d_85 on Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

coombesoz

Post by coombesoz » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:42 am

Hi all,
I am not a plane person but my 13yo son is. We are travelling to Japan (from Australia) in November and planned to visit the Gifu-Kakamigahara museum. I have just discovered that the Gifu airshow is on at pretty much the time we were going to go. So I'm starting to plan to get to the airshow.

Not having been to an airshow before, let alone one in Japan.... I'd be grateful for any info or advice. I have been googling but coming up with mostly info in Japanese (understandably).

Info on ticketing would be great - where/how to get tix? do they sell like hotcakes and I have to be super prepared to get them?
Info on how to navigate the day, how crazy busy or crowded it is?
I assume the museum is open that day too but would I be wrong to assume that?
Accommodation - does it get booked out super early?

Some of this info may be easier to get closer to the time, but I'm a planner....

Thanks in advance
0 x

n33d4sp33d_85

Post by n33d4sp33d_85 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:17 pm

coombesoz wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:42 am Hi all,
I am not a plane person but my 13yo son is. We are travelling to Japan (from Australia) in November and planned to visit the Gifu-Kakamigahara museum. I have just discovered that the Gifu airshow is on at pretty much the time we were going to go. So I'm starting to plan to get to the airshow.

Not having been to an airshow before, let alone one in Japan.... I'd be grateful for any info or advice. I have been googling but coming up with mostly info in Japanese (understandably).

Info on ticketing would be great - where/how to get tix? do they sell like hotcakes and I have to be super prepared to get them?

Some of this info may be easier to get closer to the time, but I'm a planner....

Thanks in advance
Here's the list of hotels that are near Gifu.
https://www.google.com/maps/search/Hote ... &entry=ttu

Hope this helps.

As much as I liked to help you on this, I'm sorry to say that I've never been to Japan, nor do I have the knowledge on how airshows in Japan work. Hope you and son are able to go to this show and have a fun time.
0 x

FlyRed

Post by FlyRed » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:54 pm

coombesoz wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:42 am Hi all,

Thanks in advance
Pretty thorough preview of Japanese airshows here:
https://www.scramble.nl/community/messa ... /18/168938
1 x

Return to “2023 Airshows/Fly-Ins/Exercises/Events - Discussion and Photos”