NEW! 2019 Airshow/Aviation Event Calendar

Find out where your favorite performers will be! Be sure to check schedules for updates as they are always subject to change. Also post year-related performer information, such as music lists.
RyanS

NEW! 2019 Airshow/Aviation Event Calendar

Post by RyanS » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:55 pm

Today I'm happy to introduce the new airshow/aviation event calendar that we've been working on. This is something I've wanted to do for years, and after the schedule release this year I finally found a good tool to do it. This is a searchable, filterable list of airshows and other aviation events like fly-ins. This makes it really easy to look across schedules to make plans, and I hope you (and the general public) will find it useful.

As part of a staged roll out, I want to offer it up here on the forums for a sneak peak of sorts. Chad did a great job of putting in the released jet team schedules and as many other shows as we know about right now, but there are certainly smaller events out there and we're hoping you all can help us add those. Now and any time in the future, please let us know of anything that should be added or corrected!

You may notice that the featured performers only include jet teams and major military demo teams. We're trying to keep the updates manageable by limiting ourselves to the 'headliners', so don't worry about sending us other performer schedules. Please do, however, post that info here in the forums!

You'll also notice that there is a column for linking back to a show thread here in the forums, if it exists. This is going to be our best avenue for providing additional information, and we definitely need help creating and maintaining those threads. Some of you do an awesome job already, so keep up the good work.

We also added a separate table at the bottom with the preliminary 2020 dates.

Take a look and see what you think. Once we get ready for a bigger debut, I'll create a sticky thread with the link and add a button to the navigation bar up top!

https://airshowstuff.com/v4/airshow-calendar/
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com

awal2049

Post by awal2049 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:23 pm

About time someone replaced the broken ICAS calendar
0 x

Nighthawk117

Post by Nighthawk117 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:11 pm

Nice job guys!
0 x
Look at your six, It's me!!!

kalamazookid

Post by kalamazookid » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:48 pm

Nice job! I like how you've linked to the thread on the forums and the search filters are handy too.
0 x
Matt

AirshowHawk

Post by AirshowHawk » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:56 am

I'm loving it! This update is one I'm very excited about as it makes doing the work manually much easier. Not to mention that it's much more interactive than other schedules out there.

I'm hoping that for the future there is a link directly to the schedule in the menu bar above to ease access from the main page and forums.

Keep up the great work and thank you for this useful feature.
Last edited by AirshowHawk on Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

RyanS

Post by RyanS » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:12 pm

Question for anyone with an opinion:

Is it important that the date search offer specific dates? Right now you can search specifically from August 3 to September 7.

Would it be fine if you could only filter at the month level? In this example you would have to filter it to all of August and September instead of the specific dates. Is that a big deal to anyone?
0 x
Ryan Sundheimer
www.AirshowStuff.com